Will the 07 busa swing arm work on an 08 ???

Raced Guy

Registered
My friend has a factory modded 6-8 swing arm sitting around and wants to get rid of it but its off an 07. My busa is an 08, does anyone know if it will work, or have you done it to yours ??? Any help would be great !!!:beerchug:

I do not think it will work... Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in!

As far as I know the brake hanger/mounting is the only difference.

I would expect you could work around it with some Gen I brake parts and machine work. It is not a direct bolt on deal.

No No No!!! A guy here bought a swing arm on Ebay or something and was told by the guy that it should fit but it didn't and he had all kinds of trouble with the guy getting a refund. I'm not sure either what the difference was but I know it wasn't the same.

i'm the guy "Bike Dude" speaks of the brake hanger is totally different and i think the axle size for the back tire is different. DON'T DO IT!!!!!

You will have to use a Gen1 wheel too...cause the Gen2 uses a larger rear rotor with a different bolt pattern than the Gen1.

Gen1 parts needed...

Wheel and rotor
Rear caliper and brace
Bracket for the caliper
I think the axle is different too

i went on ebay and bought a completely stock 08 arm for about 60 bucks and now it is off getting chromed for 275 bucks and i can still ride while i wait. when it gets back from the chrome shop i'll put it on and then sell my stock arm for about 100. to me it just seemed easier than all the headaches of making a gen 1 arm work

Back