Wife's Isuzu Trooper Died

Sorry to hear :( Yeah, I think I'd go for the 2nd opinion on the cost of a replacement...

Or, risk letting some of the gang here get involved :rofl: I mean, what could go wrong? :whistle:

Thanks for looking gang... I'm playing at barber this weekend and I'll be back at it Monday.

Ever test drive a Nissan XTerra? You can get one with a 6-speed manual...

find a good machine shop and have the journals re honed, crank shaft cleaned up a bit and you could even have the cylinders honed and out back together for 2-2,500$ (at least in my neck of the woods way up north) new crank bearing at .020 over and you have the exact same engine back in the same truck. that is assuming of course your good enough with a wrench to pull the motor yourself. having that done could run close to 1,000$ for the labour to re and re. having an engine rebuild is not as expensive as some assume

Ok...after looking high and low I found a local shop (good reputation and a Jasper installer) that can do a remanufactured for $3942 installed. Has a 3 year 100K warranty on the long block so it should be good to go. Pics to follow.

Back