Why?

cheferman65

Registered
When posting photos of either their Moto or auto on the net or a website, why are the tags, aka license plates faded or blocked out? Are they not visible out on the open road for all the world to see? Am I so naive as to the reasoning?
Just curious.

Last edited:
When posting photos of either their Moto or auto on the net or a website, why are the tags, aka license plates faded or blocked out? Are they not visible out on the open road for all the world to see? Am I so naive as to the reasoning?
Just curious.

It's too easy to extract info from a simple plate, and I, for one, am paranoid, Period!! And to post them for the world to see? No way Braw!
Bubba

Last edited:
I like to post pics .
my personal plate I have no problem showing as any bad luck that may come my way will be self brought.
But I also like to post pics of other nice bikes I see here and there.
Out of respect to those folks I do what I can to make sure I could not be the one getting blamed for anything by hiding plate .

Thanks! Was just wondering. What info is available via a plate search and what could someone use it for? You are now making me paranoid!

Thanks! Was just wondering. What info is available via a plate search and what could someone use it for? You are now making me paranoid!

When you do a little over the speed limit, you get a little paranoid!:rofl:

When you do a little over the speed limit, you get a little paranoid!:rofl:

What's a little????
We Floridian's have to to be oh so careful with the speeding laws and bikes.
Sides my wife will kick my AZZ if I get caught doing some stupid land speed run out on RT. 29 through the Everglades:rolleyes2:
The last act of stupidity cost me $375 which was a heck of a lot better than going to the pokie w/ my gsxr1k on the back of a wrecker like it could have been.

I think alot of that started with cars. There was rumint that insurance companies were going to race tracks/drag strips and looking for cars that they were insuring and raising rates or dropping people all together if seen. I know at the local drag strips, some people take off their plates, or tape over them. That's my understanding anyway.

I think alot of that started with cars. There was rumint that insurance companies were going to race tracks/drag strips and looking for cars that they were insuring and raising rates or dropping people all together if seen. I know at the local drag strips, some people take off their plates, or tape over them. That's my understanding anyway.

I've heard the same about track days, apparently insurance companies scope out plates at the track. I dont know how true it is !

I would always cover my plate in a pic on the net, if ppl have the resources they could be knocking on your door the next day, for whatever reason, just safer to cover up !

biggest reason is privacy. lots of not so good folks surfing the web and having personally identifiable information readily available is bad.

think of it this way.... you post a pic of your tag, bad guys say "well its time to find a busa", they read the forums, find the plate, see you are local (or close), get the plate run by a friend....ta da, they know exactly where to find what they want and likely have a pic of the item in hand before they ever leave the house :banghead:

just sayin, privacy, regardless of how you protect it, should be protected :thumbsup:

I can't wait until I get a Iron butt license plate frame... :thumbsup:

Just pictures 022 (Large).jpg

I dont care if someone gets my plate if they want trouble they are more than welcome to come find it. But as said earlier I would not post other peoples plates out of respect.:laugh:

Back