Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I love racing Hayabusas

17/45 sprockets

That's a pretty good chunka sprocket. I haven't quite figured this one out yet but.....on all the other bikes I've had I run faster with 3-5 teeth lower. On my other Busa I run faster at stock sprockets. The key however, might be an air shifter. My buddy just got one and we are both running stock sprockets on the strip (I actually run two up on the street). Anyway, with an air shifter my buddy can pull on me every shift by just the smallest amount. I think this would be the key to getting a good time with that low of a sprocket and not running out of gear so quick.
The reason I was getting slower times was because of shifting quicker and more often. The stocker seemed to be right in the power range I needed. Ran 9.8 stock, he ran 9.7's all day with the air shifter on stock sprocket

I had a feeling last night that the sprockets were hurting me on the big end. But if I went back to stock 18/42 I don't know if I could get great launches and not kill the clutches. Seems to be one or the other.

my bike noses over before 11500..

If you are stock yes but with his mods he should be holding the power until red line. 11,500 indicated is around 10,800 actual depending on the bike (Gen-II of course).

PM me your mods.

But based on this, he isn't leaving hard enough...

I think 6.52 / 116.8

You should be around 6.2 stock slammed and with your mods 5.9's or quicker. Sounds like you aren't getting WOT early enough and it's killing your drive. What's the 330' look like...?

Considering how many things you changed, that's a lot different to learn the first time out. Stick with it and keep practicing, the times will come down. You probably need an airshifter to get the most from that sprocket setup and leaving like you should... :thumbsup:

(P.S....if you get frustrated, you could always let HemiBusa make a pass on it for a local second opinion.)

Would a quicker throttle tube help overcome the slight resistance in your transition to full thottle? I actually bought an R1 throttle tube but never installed it. It was supposed to have to turn 20% less so you don't have to turn your hand as far to get full throttle.

Grats on your latest mods. Good luck gettin' it all dialed in at the track. :thumbsup:

D

Top Bottom