Who's Taken A 4-2-1 System And Customized It?

Jake whitebird

Registered
Tired of looking at my stainless yosh system, but don't know if I wanna go straight header cause that'd be too loud maybe? Who's added a personal touch to the nice header and pipe? Pics thanks!

Tired of looking at my stainless Yoshimura system,
but don't know if I wanna go straight header cause that'd be too loud maybe ?

Who's added a personal touch to the nice header and pipe ?

Pictures thanks !
toms-jeff-black-blue-jpeg.1571499.jpg

Feel FREE to vote in this link ~ https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/medias-contest/contest/celebrity-posing-with-your-busa.4/view

600_455151707.jpe

I'm trying to avoid the straight pipe with just the tip sound. Hoping someone has a shorty muffler on the header kinda deal

Don't know if this is what you are after. I installed a Black Widow Header Exhaust System a few months ago, like the quality but don't like the almost stock sound. So I've done a few mods but it's still stainless steel, anyway, I've modified a R77 slip on, cut it 3" & added a reducer adapter to fit up to the black widow's header, looks good but didn't like the slightly better than stock sound (it does sound awesome when its opened up), only have 1 photo but not posting it because its a Yoshimura & you already have one. Next, I bought a Brock Titanium, left side slip on can, cut it 4", flipped it around, removed the Brock label plate & riveted it on the other side (see photo, on the right side between the hanger clamp, there are 2 rivets, thats where the original plate was), to fit up on the right side, it actually slipped right on to my header, had it repacked, polished it, louder than stock but not the deep idle sound I was looking for. Therefore, I have ordered a 2.5" perforated tubing (not the baffle), which I am planning to pull out the Brock's 2", cutting the can an additional 4" & modifying it to fit, I'm thinking it will have a deeper tone, especially at idle & slight performance on top. Good luck on your future mod.

IMG_2323.JPG

Don't know if this is what you are after. I installed a Black Widow Header Exhaust System a few months ago, like the quality but don't like the almost stock sound. So I've done a few mods but it's still stainless steel, anyway, I've modified a R77 slip on, cut it 3" & added a reducer adapter to fit up to the black widow's header, looks good but didn't like the slightly better than stock sound (it does sound awesome when its opened up), only have 1 photo but not posting it because its a Yoshimura & you already have one. Next, I bought a Brock Titanium, left side slip on can, cut it 4", flipped it around, removed the Brock label plate & riveted it on the other side (see photo, on the right side between the hanger clamp, there are 2 rivets, thats where the original plate was), to fit up on the right side, it actually slipped right on to my header, had it repacked, polished it, louder than stock but not the deep idle sound I was looking for. Therefore, I have ordered a 2.5" perforated tubing (not the baffle), which I am planning to pull out the Brock's 2", cutting the can an additional 4" & modifying it to fit, I'm thinking it will have a deeper tone, especially at idle & slight performance on top. Good luck on your future mod.

View attachment 1572132
what type of rivets are you using?

what type of rivets are you using?
I used stainless steel type. I read some of the post that others were experiencing problems with the manual rivet guns on SS, so I bought a pneumatic one off Ebay, couldn't be happier, real easy to use, saves your hands. I already had bilateral carpal tunnel & one trigger finger surgery over 10 years ago, so, when possible I find tools that won't put extra strain on my hands.

I'm trying to avoid the straight pipe with just the tip sound .

Hoping someone has a shorty muffler on the header kinda deal ?
The Yoshimura can was very quiet before I swapped it out ~ even after the can is shortened, it sounds quiet to me . . .
tri-oval_1end_sm_2.jpg

I've shorten alot of mufflers over the years.
Not a big difference in sound, unless you remove some/all of the packing.
More for looks.

InfiniteReality From what GSXR1k (year) are that muffler from? I had never seen a busa with GSXR muffle. They look sweet

Thanks! I believe it's off a K8 GSXR, but don't recall all the years they produced. Mine is from a 06 though, so that'll get you in the ballpark at least. Just cut off the OEM butterfly valve and added an expansion piece so it slides on/off the Yoshi header like the original pipe did.

QUOTE="Jose J Ortega, post: 3224227, member: 47631"]sixpack577 I don't have the 4-2-1 . Will this fit in the stock pipes?[/QUOTE]

No, but you can have your header cut and welded so that it will.
No real performance gain, but cheapest way if you like the look.

Back