Who runs the GT3582R?

onedownfiveup

Donating Member
Registered
What housings are you using?

I got a good deal on a GT3582R with a 0.82 A/R Housing.

What issues do you have with clearances? What header are you using? Do you have to cut the radiator?

Damn, this one I'm looking at is also a T4 frame
sad.gif

the hot side is too big in my opinion, and i'm thinking you probably wont find very many people using it, for just the same reason...........if you're getting such a good deal that you cant pass it up, i'd sell it and buy what you really want.

the hot side is too big in my opinion, and i'm thinking you probably wont find very many people using it, for just the same reason...........if you're getting such a good deal that you cant pass it up, i'd sell it and buy what you really want.
If I buy it, I'll change the T4 flange to a T3.

i run a Precision GT35, though it is modified from stock. It's a big *****, mine was a AR of 82 but i changed it to a 62.
It does fit, but you might have to shave it a bit,

beerchug.gif

yea a TO4 is way large... you can actually make a TO3 push as much air with a few mods.. We were doing this on the BGN for some time..

If you need to do a custom housing setup, I can hook you up with Kenny (knows the combos off the top of his head) for wheels and housings that will provide the best compressor map depending on what you are trying to do.. Max power setups typically pretty much suck for the street or every day riding as they just spool far too slow and come on way to hard when they do hit..

Prices are pretty decent too as long as you have cores.. (Is an A/R dealer/distributer)

I am still looking for it, I think I might know where I have it, I'll keep looking! Yeah, I was pretty happy about that! Thanks for noticing!
beerchug.gif

HP Part# Wheel
Wheel Wheel Wheel TO4E
Bearing A/R Turbine Specs: Wheel
Wheel
Diameter
Inducer Exducer Trim Inlet/Outlet
System Ratio Wheel Style Inducer
Exducer
650 SC-6169E 61mm 2.416" 3.227" 56 3" / 2" 360 Race 0.63 T04 2.920"
2.420"

Those are the specs........I had to have they guy I purchased the turbo from resend it to me,
cool.gif
Sorry it's not centered right.

Wow you ran a T4 housing. The one my rommate has also has T4 housing. But he has the .82 A/R. hmm.

I'll have to call you some time when I have free itme and talk to you how the the turbo comes on street wise.

T3 or t4 flange will not make any difference unless your headers are a particular flange and you have to match it.
I bet if you shopped around for a something like a gt30 garrett you could buy the same turbo with either t3,t4 or gt28 style flange
what makes the turbo suitable or not is the wheel sizes and housing a/r's
3582 is a big turbo if you don't mind some lag and want big hp its a reasonable choice, but if your wanting it on the street and only going to use 1/2 its potential there are smaller turbo's out there that may be more suited.

OZBooster is correct, always is! Though I love the look of the big turbo's on the busa, though there are smaller units out on the street that make way more power than mine because with my set up I could only use a 5.2lb spring on my stock motor! Though if I had a built bike, I could make a ton of freaking HP with that monster.
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

What housings are you using?

I got a good deal on a GT3582R with a 0.82 A/R Housing.

What issues do you have with clearances? What header are you using? Do you have to cut the radiator?

a hahn header fits a gt3582r you will have to trim 1/8 inch off one side of the flange to level the turbo . the radiator will fit without cutting it . im running the turbo now with an ar82 dont like it at all boost comes in around 7500 rpms trying to rework turbo .

DSC01101.jpg

I ran a 35r with .82 rear and rcc header. Fit just fine and ran perfectly. I wouldn't go any smaller on a 35r, its a big turbo and needs a big rear to move all the req air. I run a gt40 now with a 1.06 rear, everyday on the street.

Back