Who is running a 16/42 setup

busa142

Registered
I am buying a 16/42 setup. Who is running this setup and what is the performance improvement over stock. Also is this a easy install?

Awesome acceleration you will need to correct your speedo with a yellow box. Stock gears your off by 7% with 16/42 it's off about 18%.

just had it lowered 1" front 2" rear and did a 16/42 setup low end acceleration is unreal she will still raise up quicker than before and like BA BUSA said the speedo will be way off yellow box or speedohealer will be a must
as for the install the rear wasn't so tough but the front you gotta watch out for clutch fluid leaking out had to refill the reservoir and bleed the air out after the install peep the manuall nickslick posted for easy instructions on removing the front sprocket cover if your unsure i know i was

just had it lowered 1" front 2" rear and did a 16/42 setup low end acceleration is unreal she will still raise up quicker than before and like BA BUSA said the speedo will be way off yellow box or speedohealer will be a must
as for the install the rear wasn't so tough but the front you gotta watch out for clutch fluid leaking out had to refill the reservoir and bleed the air out after the install peep the manuall nickslick posted for easy instructions on removing the front sprocket cover if your unsure i know i was
I thought you said you had a shop do yours?
rock.gif

yeah BT i was gonna do the work myself like you suggested before but i ended up spilling clutch fluid everywhere when i did the front sprocket so i put her back together bleed the clutch and had my friend at the shop help me before i funked up anthing else in the process

haha i did the same thing with the clutch fluid, now i'm just awaiting word on how to reinstall the front 16T sprocket. Unaware of any further guidelines or must do's other than just puttin the 16T on and tightening chain

(redkat05 @ Jul. 11 2007,13:43) haha i did the same thing with the clutch fluid, now i'm just awaiting word on how to reinstall the front 16T sprocket. Unaware of any further guidelines or must do's other than just puttin the 16T on and tightening chain
Dude
crazy.gif
talk about a time warp...three year old thread
poke.gif

None of those guys post on here anymore
laugh.gif

(redkat05 @ Jul. 11 2007,13:50) can anyone help me then?
Take the stock one off and install the new one...did you get a impact gun or breaker bar yet
rock.gif

nah i used the barrel of my tater gun. Redneck but hell it worked. I'm not ashamed to be "country." ToyKraz was makin fun of me but oh well lol

(redkat05 @ Jul. 11 2007,15:54) nah i used the barrel of my tater gun. Redneck but hell it worked. I'm not ashamed to be "country." ToyKraz was makin fun of me but oh well lol
You're in Pennsylvania for God's sake, you can't claim to be COUNTRY 'less you reside south of that Manson-Nixon line...
laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Jul. 11 2007,15:22)
(redkat05 @ Jul. 11 2007,15:54) nah i used the barrel of my tater gun. Redneck but hell it worked. I'm not ashamed to be "country." ToyKraz was makin fun of me but oh well lol
You're in Pennsylvania for God's sake, you can't claim to be COUNTRY 'less you reside south of that Manson-Nixon line...  
laugh.gif
Sorry son, but we are going to have to revoke your "country" status
zzwhip.gif

(redkat05 @ Jul. 11 2007,15:43) awww shucks, y'all don't have to go'n do that
Naw the other Dude...I'm from California...but atleast I know that it is the "Mason Dixon Line"
tounge.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,18:46)
(redkat05 @ Jul. 11 2007,15:43) awww shucks, y'all don't have to go'n do that
Naw the other Dude...I'm from California...but atleast I know that it is the "Mason Dixon Line"  
tounge.gif
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha......

i was jsut thinkin the same damn thing.......
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

down 1 in front = 2.5 up in the back + 2 up in the back = 4.5 up in the back.
I would imagine the front end would wanna come up pretty easy.
I run stock set-up and I'm always pulling the front up.
I'm doing a 43 rear and leaving the front alone due to the fact that when you lower the tooth count, you decrease over-all diameter of the sprocket and the turn radius of the chain and increase stress/load in that one particular spot.

Back