Who has read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Any thoughts?

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zen_motorcycle.jpg

cheers
ken

Man...that's one old book. I remember my parents owning it a thousand years ago, but never read it.

:beerchug:

I think I remember that. I think at the end of the book, Zen rides off onto the sunset...(sorry but I must)...and Zen there were none...:whistle:

I bought and read it at the age of 15 - in 1975. It affirmed for me what I was beginning to know about myself.
The years have borne that out - an engineer who went on to get a degree in Fine Arts.

Read any Joseph Campbell?
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought and read it at the age of 15 - in 1975. It affirmed for me what I was beginning to know about myself.
The years have borne that out - an engineer who went on to get a degree in Fine Arts.

Read any Joseph Campbell?
Posted via Mobile Device
:poke:

You aren't supposed to say age and year... some of us can do math :laugh:

Yea I read it a number of years ago. In fact I was just thinking about re-reading it--but I loaned it to a buddy and it's no where to be found. Guess I'll get a new copy. As I remember--it really got me thinking in a different way. I totally recommend!!!!

read the book and now finished the (unabridged) audiobook. it's a great way to pass the time on a (car) trip.

with the philosophical ideas and the travelogue i found it to be a good read, but there are many will find it cumbersome at times. i believe that this is where the audiobook's excel.

i have recommended it to several and need to get a new copy for my bookshelf.

I had someone tell me just last week on the phone that I sounded 21.
:dunno:
I'm just me. :colgate:
Posted via Mobile Device
:poke:

I was just under the assumption that women never tell age or wieght... I thought that was in the :rulez:

On topic... No I haven't read it. Maybe I will

i have read it and really enjoyed it...like Spectre said, most people will not enjoy sitting down with it but it is 100% worth it IMO...if you do enjoy it, a couple more i might recommend that aren't quite as deep are Blue_Highways and Desert_Solitaire :beerchug:

Back