Who can buy Salvage bikes? Licensed, anyone?

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so, Im going to take the advice of some of our bretherin and invest in some track days, but here's the catch...

1. He11 to the no, I am NOT puttin my 08 on the track, forget it Randy!

2. I would LIKE to get a salvage repairable 600cc to ride on the track.

3. I am not a registered, vendor/dismantler/dealer/scrapper etc so when I look at some sites where I possibly COULD snatch a good rebuild deal I can't bid cause no license no love *sigh*

So my question again, does ANYBODY have a license for such? Know someone willing to hook a fellow Orgster up by bidding by proxy?:whistle:

Any comments, questions or guidance is welcome, always!:thumbsup:

Hey, Angel~

Track days! Yee-hah! What a great way to enhance your riding skills! :cheerleader:

Hey, Angel~

Track days! Yee-hah! What a great way to enhance your riding skills! :cheerleader:

Tryin to get there bro, just need the tool that's all. Im lookin at this 08 GSXR600 in pretty decent shape that I would LOVE to bid on and win so I could rebuild it.

Watch out Randy Im comin for ya!:whistle::thumbsup:

you mean to tel me you dont have a friend who has put down a bike and want to sell it by now? All the guys I dont ride with keep me rather busy in the summers..lol the guys I do ride with no better
:laugh:
good luck with your search we have a 2006 gsxr 750 that was involved in a 105 mph slide...all fixed, but has aftermarket plastic and needs painted, but the guy who has it now thinks it is still worth 6 grand and wont budge on price...anyway you may pm me if you want his number

Call me Angel, I may know somebody who would be willing to hook you up with what you need to get what you want.

Lycan - here you go Sir.

SALVAGE CARS AND MOTORCYCLES

The Del Valle disposal site is about an hour from where I live. Go to the top left & enter the state & motorcycle. A few friends of mine have bought here.

Financially you will be better off buying a track bike already set up. Try the WERA board.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing - 13x Forums

Thanks bro, yeah I had seen this site beore but didint know I could buy through them...I looked and shes on there! Wish meluck guys im gonnat try to bid on her..:thumbsup:

Was the only one I could think of off the top of my head.. I use ot go to the auctions and buy them once a week. But have not had time with the new job..

I've checked on RideSafely before and the prices are kinda steep. That Salvage Direct site looks promising though.

Back