whistling busa

codger

Registered
My bike is a new 07 all stock i bought it with like 1.4 miles or something on it.i noticed on one ride that when i stopped i could hear a whistle coming from the bike i couldnt find anything so i popped the gas cap whistle stopped after riding home from work i parked it in the garage and came out about a half hour later and shes whistling away again so i opened the cap and it stopped. the bike has never been a part so its got to be a factory problem. it runs fine ive only got about 480 miles on it and have ridden about 150 at a sitting it runs fine doesnt starve out like if i had a blocked tank vent but its kind of weird anyone else had this issue.

My Busa doesn't do it but my ZRX1200 sure did. Venting pressure when the gas gets hot, was loud enough to hear 15-20 ft away. The usual joke was "run! it's gonna to blow"!
laugh.gif

Yea thats a problem with the vent on your cap nothing else. I had that delima on my old bike. You can prob get a cap from the dealer and do it yourself. It comes off with the allen screws.

Back