which turbo??

bluefalcon1

Registered
guys i know there are a lot of turbo systems out there but i need some opinions from experienced guys. which hairdryer is gonna be the best. i am looking for about 6psi of boost for now. and be able to upgrade later after machine work. i dont want to have to buy a completely different system though. it will be a daily rider. it will be computer and dyno tested to a science. i am looking at big cc because of it s upgradeability but experience outweighs research a lot of the time. ???

Heads up performance turbos or RCC Turbos. Both are Great turbo systems. Unless you have an unlimited budget then go with NLR.

Heads up performance turbos or RCC Turbos. Both are Great turbo systems. Unless you have an unlimited budget then go with NLR.

Scott from Heads Up Performance is a great guy and does some great work. I believe, however, that he bases his kits on Hahn Racecraft internally gated Mitsubishi 16 or 20G turbos. The stainless steel piping he uses in his kit is much better than the mild steel that normally comes with a Hahn kit. And although it is a great kit, it is not better than an RCC Stage One, which comes with an external Tial wastegate and two year warranty on everything . . .:laugh:

i have a velocity which came on the bike when i bought it, but next yr it will be rcc !!!!!

Scott from Heads Up Performance is a great guy and does some great work. I believe, however, that he bases his kits on Hahn Racecraft internally gated Mitsubishi 16 or 20G turbos. The stainless steel piping he uses in his kit is much better than the mild steel that normally comes with a Hahn kit. And although it is a great kit, it is not better than an RCC Stage One, which comes with an external Tial wastegate and two year warranty on everything . . .:laugh:

Frank you are correct Scott does use the Mitsubishi 16 and 20G turbos but that is all he uses from the hahn kit. He makes all the rest of the systems. All his systems are external Tial wastegate systems. He will build you an internal wastegate if you are on a budget but he doesn't usually do systems that way. Scott believes in the Mitsubishi for reliability. They have never failed him and he has made well over 400hp with them. (I am not saying they are superior to any other turbo this is just the reason why Scott uses Mitsubishi) You can't go wrong with either company. RCC and Heads up both offer excelent customer service and fantastic products.

Last edited:
Frank you are correct Scott does use the Mitsubishi 16 and 20G turbos but that is all he uses from the hahn kit. He makes all the rest of the systems. All his systems are external Tial wastegate systems. He will build you an internal wastegate if you are on a budget but he doesn't usually do systems that way. Scott believes in the Mitsubishi for reliability. They have never failed him and he has made well over 400hp with them. (I am not saying they are superior to any other turbo this is just the reason why Scott uses Mitsubishi) You can't go wrong with either company. RCC and Heads up both offer excelent customer service and fantastic products.

If you go on his web site, his motorcycle system is still using an internal gate with an actuator, and he is still using Hahn's plenum. I also like the Mitsubishi turbo, and have made over 450 RWHP with a highly modified Hahn setup with a Super 20 Shootout and external Tial wastegate. I have been a Hahn dealer (along with RCC and Velocity) for over ten years. One thing I disagree with you about is Hahn's customer service. You cannot call Hahn and get someone on the phone who will help you. You have to email Aaron and wait for his reply. It is definately not the same as calling RCC and talking to Richard directly every time you call. I have been fielding tech calls and general information calls for Hahn for years for customers who just couldn't get through.

You are right, they are both great kits, however, there are important differences a new buyer should know about. Scott's Heads Up kit is better than what Hahn sells for sure - the stainless steel exhaust alone makes it a better kit. :laugh:

I was talking about customer service between Heads up and RCC. I agree hahns customer service is terrible. Scotts website hasn't been updated in like 3 years. He use to use hahns stuff but now the only thing he uses is the turbo. I have been bugging him for years to get his website up to date but he is very busy. His kits are alot better than what is on his site. And yes I agree his new headers are amazing. His new race header is a work of art. :laugh:

Some pictures of Heads up systems.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Jack - very nice stuff! Tell that knucklehead Scott to update his site! Nevermind, I'll call him myself . . . hey, do you have any pictures of those pipes with the right side fairing on?

I just looked and no I don't have any pics on my computer but it looks really clean. I would take a picture of my bike for you but my plastics are out getting painted.

Oh and make sure you call Scotts cell. His website number is wrong. He moved to Utah. If you need the number PM me.

Jack - very nice stuff! Tell that knucklehead Scott to update his site! Nevermind, I'll call him myself . . . hey, do you have any pictures of those pipes with the right side fairing on?

Speaking of the knucklehead he's on the right standing next to a 1000cc LSR busa, Ryan the owner is on the left. Date on my camera was off, I took that a couple months ago.

IMG_0998.jpg

I will say this for Scott. He will not hurry or rush his work. You get it when it right and no sooner. Scott is selling his personal 1st gen turbo busa for a steal considering the work that is done.

Is that the one on youtube that shows the tire spin from a rear facing camera ?? good footage that. :beerchug:

Maybe, he did say say there was chrome and the wheels do look shiney in the vid. You can pause the vid in the beginning to see the header exiting the right side fairing.

Here is the crazy video.

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any good turbo dealers who are in the UK?
Great pics and info but i'm trying to find a good company to fit one here? Will it be cheaper to buy the turbo from USA and then get it installed on my bike. At the moment a supercharger to get just around 200bhp is £3000 fitted around $5500. is it cheaper in the the USA for the turbo's stage 1? Please help!!

are there any good turbo dealers who are in the UK?
Great pics and info but i'm trying to find a good company to fit one here? Will it be cheaper to buy the turbo from USA and then get it installed on my bike. At the moment a supercharger to get just around 200bhp is £3000 fitted around $5500. is it cheaper in the the USA for the turbo's stage 1? Please help!!

High quality stuff in Berkshire, is that close enough for you?

www.bigccracing

Big CC Racing
The Speed Shop
Fishponds Road
Wokingham
Berkshire
RG41 2AN

Telephone: +44 (0)118 977 6755
FAX: +44 (0)118 977 6755

Back