Which is BEST/AND WHY?

FAKK2

Registered

Ok it is down to the wire I like both, I feel that I would not go wrong with either chioce, but I like to get some info from end buyers NOT people selling them.. here it is.

I want to get Carbon Fiber Rims, here are my choices.

BST 6000's with Alloyed Hubs and Titanium Fittings and Ceramic Bearings.

Dymag 5 Spoke Alloyed Hubs and Titanium Fittings and Ceramic Bearings.

so which is best or does it matter, whats the pro's and cons of both.

also want them heavy race or very light street weight. @2.1kg Street. I hope I am expressing this right in the street config and all I want.

thanks....

I currently own DYMAG Full carbon 5-spoke wheels. When I bought mine the only Manufacture to make full carbon five spoke was DYMAG and thank God they did. Here's why, when you purchase any DYMAG full carbon wheel from an authorized dealer if you were ever to break or crack that rim you can purchase a replacement wheel for half price of the original, but you must send them back the broken wheel. BST does not offer this, and not only that but you'd have to go through Lockhart Phillips to do it and they are the worse to deal with. Everything in thier catalog is on back order and trying to return something is like hanging yourself. Furtheremore DYNAG wheels are DOT approved and BST is not. End of story, dont fall for the cheaper price of the BST.<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>

Hey. I am going to get the BSTs. The company has built aerospace components for many years. Can you let me know what is going to be the benifits of the race wheels. I noticed you mentioned ceramic bearings and titanium fittings. Are these bearings and titanium fitttings going to last longer or less. Is ther better performance with ceramic bearings? ie, Less friction? I am getting the front wheel in two weeks. Hope to hear from you soon. Sounds like everyone I talk to says to get the road wheels but they have yet to give me a good reason other than cost.

Keep this in mind, Saab builds engines for fighter jets and commercial aircraft but their car engines can barely reach 150,000 miles. Just a thought! DYMAG for Life!

Picture_005.jpg

Back