Where is the galfer rotor post...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Saw a post a few days ago. I need to copy and paste!

At any rate..looking for the best price on a set of front/rear Galfer wave rotors. Thought it was $490 for all.

Might as well get new pads also. I think that is recommended by you folks.

Send PM with price.

hogger...

Ok...have a question...I know the "Wave" rotor is popular, but at the dealer the other day I seen the new Superbike rotor - the dealer called the "Tsunami's" and the price was about $550.00 each rotor
wow.gif

What the heck is the difference between the two besides looks - and yes they make the Tsunami for the Busa...but the cost is
wow.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

WAVE
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Tsunami
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Well those are certainly hot lookin. A little pricey for sure. Other than bling factor, gotta wonder if they offer any advantage for the street or if they're more suited for racing.
You can't say something suited to racing isn't suitable for the street - It depends on how you use your machine.. For alot of bikes there's improvements to be made in the brakes.

And the Wave's aren't that expensive - they can be had for about $500 for all 3.

Well those are certainly hot lookin. A little pricey for sure. Other than bling factor, gotta wonder if they offer any advantage for the street or if they're more suited for racing.
You can't say something suited to racing isn't suitable for the street - It depends on how you use your machine..  For alot of bikes there's improvements to be made in the brakes.

And the Wave's aren't that expensive - they can be had for about $500 for all 3.
All 3 Galfers for $500?

You can't say something suited to racing isn't suitable for the street - It depends on how you use your machine..  For alot of bikes there's improvements to be made in the brakes.

All 3 Galfers for $500?
All 3 BRAKING brand Wae rotors for about $500. I know I can do it for just a little over that. And the Galfers and Braking Waves are nearly Identical - I believe Galfer is the U.S. Branding of Braking, just Braking is the original company in Spain.

How many racers do you see with wave rotors?  IMO more bling than anything.  It is easy to tell the loss of contact area when you put a set on.

Little less performance than stock...but they look cool.
Price Charles?

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141356647 -->

Bike_Feb_2_06_006.jpg

hbr -

I was told the "Big Deal" about the Tsunami's were they had more surface area and less weight than the Wave rotors...might justify the $500.00 a rotor for a serious racer....just way out of the ball-park for me $$$$

Charles-

Spieglers look great, but might have to order a set of the EBC's form you in the near future....any reports on how the EBC's work at non-racing temps
rock.gif

Val- I could definatley tell a weight difference with em. I was disappointed with the Brakings wave rotors. If you check them now they don't have the same pattern as the ones I had. Now they look the same as the Galfers, which I heard performed better.

I agree the Tsunamis look great and are more of a "petal" design like Kaw is putting on their bikes. More rotor area = better braking. Never had stock brakes to the point of fade, so can't comment on the wave cooling better, though it would have to be assumed.

Them Tsunamis would look good on Gretchen, cept them dam red ? that connect the carrier to the rotor

hbr - my local dealer had the Tsunami's with Black carriers....looked very nice, and talk about light...wow
wow.gif

Anyhow, I asked the guy how much and he said $500.00 and I was like...wow...I will take em...he rang me up and for the 2 fronts the total was like $1060.00 with tax...I said...
rock.gif
rock.gif
Dealer was like yah, $500.00 per side...I than said...:laugh: No, thanks, but can I get some of that free coffee thats over there in the corner....I was sorta shocked how darn good that "Free" coffee was
cool.gif

rock.gif

jump9.gif
HOLY SHID $500 each? Jesus Murphy- thanks for the laugh! It woulda been me and you standing by the coffee pot talking how we could each get 1 and then each of us use them for a couple months at a time
biggrin.gif

Yeah, road racing only. Galfer will even tell you they are terrible on the street. $275 each on the spieglers.

Back