Wheelie

etruitt09513

Registered
hey guys new to this form and new to my first hayabusa 2012,,love the bike,,not a fan of the stock pipes,but having a problem and i dont want to break the gears tryin to much but i had a sv650,,and its wasnt strong enough to power wheelie so i had to slip the clutch to do wheelies,,,my question is,,,my hayabusa should be way way stonge enough to power wheelie but tryed and cant,,it go faster,,i know that may be from the weight but when i slip the clutch its not pushin out enough to wheelie am,i doing somthing wrong,??

ummmmm you should be able to just twist the wrist to bring it up. i usually have the inverse problem...keeping it firmly planted on the pavement:laugh:....what color is it? that could be the problem:rofl:

welcome to the org. keep her rubber side down

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Go buy a Busa, cause at 4K all you do is twist the wrist and that bad boy is coming up, forget the clutch :poke:

I think thats my problem jeepguy5000 dont think i power wheelie before,u said get rpms up then release then throttle up again do i shift gears or stay in same here??

Ride along in 1st or 2nd(stick to 1st until you get the hang of it), with the rpm's up high(around 9k)and go as slow as you can.
Close the throttle.
As the rpm's fall down to around 6k, snap the gas open hard. The front is now coming up, and fast.
Roll out of the throttle until the front is lifting slower, or is to a height you are comfortable with. Stay on the gas.
You should be able to ride a long wheelie this way, and ease off the gas to set the front down easy.
If you just snap the gas hard with your rpm's already going up, and not falling back down, then you'll use up all of your power getting to a balanced point. You've then just done a power wheelie, basically floated the tire up until you run out of power to keep it there.
If you do it with the rpm's falling then you can get control and keep it there. Any height wheelie this way is fine, the lower the better when learning. The throttle control principle is the same. You'll learn more balance as you get them higher.
There is no set balance point either. That is determined by you and your body position in relation to the bike.
Slipping or popping the clutch is a bad idea if you don't know how to do that correctly. You'll end up on the road alot quicker that way.
Figuring out what the bike does at what rpm first is the way to go.
Also, learn roughly what rpm you're at by feel and sound, don't look at the tach. Once you get a high enough standup wheelie you can't see the guages any way. Seated high wheelies you'll have to look around either side to see ahead.
Where your feet are, rider pegs, passenger pegs, or staggered doesn't matter. It does feel quite different though.
Stick to the rider pegs until you get good. Leave the rear brake alone too.
That's good for slow wheelies, slowing wheelies down, or an emergency. If you just touch it, light or firm, if you're not prepared you will find youself with a very hard landing. One that you may not be able to control.
As I said above too, just roll out of the throttle easy when you want to bring the front back down. Closing the throttle results in hard landings. We've all done that and you will as you learn, but it's bad all the way around.
I can slip it, pop it, or throttle it up. I've done many a half mile wheelie in 1st, and one and two miles in 2nd. The Busa will wheelie as good, if not better than any other motorcycle.
So you're just not holding your mouth right.:laugh:
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Ride along in 1st or 2nd(stick to 1st until you get the hang of it), with the rpm's up high(around 9k)and go as slow as you can.
Close the throttle.
As the rpm's fall down to around 6k, snap the gas open hard. The front is now coming up, and fast.
Roll out of the throttle until the front is lifting slower, or is to a height you are comfortable with. Stay on the gas.
You should be able to ride a long wheelie this way, and ease off the gas to set the front down easy.
If you just snap the gas hard with your rpm's already going up, and not falling back down, then you'll use up all of your power getting to a balanced point. You've then just done a power wheelie, basically floated the tire up until you run out of power to keep it there.
If you do it with the rpm's falling then you can get control and keep it there. Any height wheelie this way is fine, the lower the better when learning. The throttle control principle is the same. You'll learn more balance as you get them higher.
There is no set balance point either. That is determined by you and your body position in relation to the bike.
Slipping or popping the clutch is a bad idea if you don't know how to do that correctly. You'll end up on the road alot quicker that way.
Figuring out what the bike does at what rpm first is the way to go.
Also, learn roughly what rpm you're at by feel and sound, don't look at the tach. Once you get a high enough standup wheelie you can't see the guages any way. Seated high wheelies you'll have to look around either side to see ahead.
Where your feet are, rider pegs, passenger pegs, or staggered doesn't matter. It does feel quite different though.
Stick to the rider pegs until you get good. Leave the rear brake alone too.
That's good for slow wheelies, slowing wheelies down, or an emergency. If you just touch it, light or firm, if you're not prepared you will find youself with a very hard landing. One that you may not be able to control.
As I said above too, just roll out of the throttle easy when you want to bring the front back down. Closing the throttle results in hard landings. We've all done that and you will as you learn, but it's bad all the way around.
I can slip it, pop it, or throttle it up. I've done many a half mile wheelie in 1st, and one and two miles in 2nd. The Busa will wheelie as good, if not better than any other motorcycle.
So you're just not holding your mouth right.:laugh:
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!! This is the same advice he gave me a month ago and now I can power wheelie all through first with it being about 4' off the ground. I can also let it down alot nicer and not kill my boys. Its nice now bringing the big girl up on her toes next to the smaller bikes and see there jaw drop. Have fun and just take it slow.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!! This is the same advice he gave me a month ago and now I can power wheelie all through first with it being about 4' off the ground. I can also let it down alot nicer and not kill my boys. Its nice now bringing the big girl up on her toes next to the smaller bikes and see there jaw drop. Have fun and just take it slow.

Right on, glad it's working for ya.:beerchug:

Back