Wheelie Bar Testing

8secBusa

Registered
Ok, I added the wheelie bar, slick, strut, going to Cecil Wednesday to do some shake down runs. A group of us are headed to Cecil on Saturday for the test and tune.

Here is where I am currently:
Avg 60ft 1.55
Expected 1.35 w/bar

Avg ET 9.38
Expected 8.90's w/bar

I also just ordered a 2 step, but won't have it to test until Saturday.

Good luck and be safe!
beerchug.gif

Ok... I launched the bike at 7500,8500,9000, it just bogged. I think the height of the tire (26") simply killed the launch. Only managed a 9.53 and my 60 was 1.55 almost the same as with no bar. I think I need to go at least 2 down in the front and perhaps 3 up in the back.

F()$%#@&

Was just looking thru 1/4 mile stuff. How have you progressed with wheelie bars. I have stock motor with much done in way of controls and chassis. Have been as quick as 8.96 at Beaver Springs (IHRA track north of you in Pa) I weight 170 without gear. 60ft 1.32 - 1.35 depending on the day. Stock clutch with MPS air lever & 2 step. Leave on a button @ 4100. Gearing 16 - 48. 6th gear runs into shift light between timing cones at end of track.

Have been thinking of a visit to Cecil one of these days. How is the surface?

060808_launch_bsd.jpg

What slick are you running?

I just tried shinko slick last week.(put a scratch on my rim installing wheel after tire mounted
sad.gif

Still adjusting but think it will do ok 1.55 second pass

More like a road raceing slick prob not getting as

much contact with track as some dragslicks

I did least leave with $50 nothing get excited over but ill take it.

Do you have solid strut or monoshock?

IMG_4885-1.jpg

the shinko 008 slick is the best thing out righgtg now. you just got to get it hot.... i have seen 1.19 60ft's on the shinko not on my bike tough

Back