Whats good for long distance padded under wear?

busanutt

Registered
Have a 7000 mile ride comming up (Boston Ma to Carlsbad Ca avg 500 miles a day) in july and I am searching out padded under wear for the ride any suggestions on whats good?:moon:

500 miles a day shouldn't be bad. Just a good seat will do the trick I'd think.

+1 on a good seat, and it needs to be broke in.
More importantly, your a$$ needs to be broke in:laugh:
You need regular seat time, and longer and longer rides leading up to that.
Padded shorts will only feel comfortable for a while, then they'll make no difference at all.
If the Busa's bars, seat, or pegs aren't comfortable now you should change them before you go.
If the Busa is a good fit for you as is, then just ride it as much as possible.
7k miles worth of 500 mile days is gonna be a killer.
Good luck:beerchug:

The busa feels great as is, I have already done a 609 day and a 420 no problems at all just figured the shorts would give my butt a break if need be. I wasn’t planning on wearing them all day just if I started feeling uncomfortable.

The busa feels great as is, I have already done a 609 day and a 420 no problems at all just figured the shorts would give my butt a break if need be. I wasn’t planning on wearing them all day just if I started feeling uncomfortable.

There's nothing wrong with them, and I'de want some on a trip like that.
I had a pair years ago that were comfortable, but I can't remember the brand.
I've never done more than 400 miles in a day either and that was a long time ago. A long ride for me now is about half that.

I wear LDComfort tights or shorts under my overpants.

LDComfort - Getting to the Bottom of Rider Comfort - Motorcycle Underwear

I've ridden 1550 miles in 23 hours in these with minimal discomfort. They may seem expensive, but they are worth every penny.

Here is a quote of a review I posted on another forum.

Just wanted to drop a review for LDComfort's rider garments. I currently have a pair of shorts, and a pair of tights. I recently got to spend 1550 miles on the saddle over 23 hours wearing the shorts, and they made a huge difference. I was surprised by how little pain in the a$$ I had at the end of the ride, and a huge part of that is due to the LDComforts. They really do a great job wicking moisture away from the skin. They also seem impervious to wrinkles, and believe me, after a few hundred miles even a little wrinkle under your cheeks feels like a dagger. This was the first *long* ride I've had a chance to wear them on, and they are way better than other similar products I have (not motorcycle specific).

Another plus is they are easy to care for. At the end of the day when I stop at a motel, I just throw them in the sink with a gentle cleaner (like baby shampoo), agitate quickly, rinse twice. Then wrap them up in a bath towel and twist; 90% of the water is transferred to the towel, and the rest dries out quickly over night.

Anyway, I'm a convert, and LDComforts will be part of my LD riding outfit from now on

There is a reason that long distance/endurance/rally riders swear by them :thumbsup:

P.S. - I have found that with any "padded" underwear, the seams and stitching around the padding do more harm than the padding does to help. I also use a beaded seat cover on long distance rides. It's the cheapest seat mod you can do that yields the best results. The beads spread the pressure points. So instead of having one pressure point for each a$$ bone, you have 100's for each bead.

I've ridden 1550 miles in 23 hours in these with minimal discomfort. They may seem expensive, but they are worth every penny.

Here is a quote of a review I posted on another forum.

There is a reason that long distance/endurance/rally riders swear by them :thumbsup:

P.S. - I have found that with any "padded" underwear, the seams and stitching around the padding do more harm than the padding does to help. I also use a beaded seat cover on long distance rides. It's the cheapest seat mod you can do that yields the best results. The beads spread the pressure points. So instead of having one pressure point for each a$$ bone, you have 100's for each bead.

I'm going to try a pair of those shorts for daily riding in the summer!
Leathers cook your a$$ in the heat...literally. Staying dryer would make a big difference.
Thanks for posting the link.:thumbsup:

Ive ridden 485 miles in a day a few times over the summer and I will admit my ass got a lil sore around the 350-375 mark.

Have a 7000 mile ride comming up (Boston Ma to Carlsbad Ca avg 500 miles a day) in july and I am searching out padded under wear for the ride any suggestions on whats good?:moon:

You had better lookup Lamb when u r here. Ill at least buy you dinner and we'll share a laugh. Seriously bro
Later
Lamb!

I've worn these for the last two days in this heat, around 100F, and they are extremely comfortable. My ass doesn't get hot at all. At all. I still get a sore butt but it isn't hot. I would highly recommend them for the hot days.

i might give them undies a try...i did 500 miles today... jut got back in right now and my booty hurts pretty bad......i guess cause i don't ride every day

Every 50 miles or so try to squat. Take all the pressure off your bottom and use your legs only to support your weight. Count to 30 or so. Dont be afraid to stand up on the pegs and straighten the legs. Straightening the hamstrings really helps the long days in the saddle.

Both of these work

Good luck, have fun and Lamb will see you here!!

6-8 panel bicycle riding shorts work very well. Buy quality ones!

I wear Underarmor compression shorts for all my trackdays. Keeps me dry and that's half the battle.

Back