What?...ZX14

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
rock.gif
Wow, Friday I just talked to the Dealer where I got my Busa and he just gave me the brochure from KAW of their new touring machine. It's basically a detuned ZX14, touring bars, electric windscreen, driveshaft, and one HUGH exhause pipe that looks like a telephone pole. Guess their "rocket" isn't selling so now they're making a tourer out of it? Anyone else see this?

Seen it and liked it a LOT better than the ZX14. How can they style one bike to look so slick and one that looks so bugeyed and freakish.

This and a nekkid version have been planned all along. It is the replacement for the Concours which had a bad ass motor in it for it's time (ZX-10) and shaft drive etc. I look forward to seeing both in person......

It will hit the showrooms in June of '07, along with our beloved Busa replacement, as the new Concours 14.

(tedbiele @ Sep. 30 2006,21:31) It will hit the showrooms in June of '07, along with our beloved Busa replacement, as the new Concours 14.
I'll believe the Busa replacement part when I see it, but the rest sounds good!!!

SURPRISE
SHOCKED.gif
, the 14 was designed with this in mind. Infact you get ABS with your 14 in Europe
cool.gif
. It really is going after the concours/Honda ST 1300/Yama FJR 1300 market. Who knows, if Kawa improves its quality it might be a winner  
beerchug.gif

why, I dont know...but that looks 10x better than the ZX14. Just my opinion tho.

I would like to see Suzuki do something like that with the Busa engine in it.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>I like it too !</span>

I could see long term issues with the shaft drive .....alot of torque running thru it . Motorcycle shafts use U-Joints ?

(Warputer @ Oct. 01 2006,04:39) I could see long term issues with the shaft drive .....alot of torque running thru it . Motorcycle shafts use U-Joints ?
The half-shafts on cars aren't any bigger than that.  Have a look under modern FWD Cadillac's and you will see spindly strips of metal connecting the transmission to the wheels.

If they can make the Concours 14 look that good, it should not be that hard for them to get a ZX-14 to look that much better, too.

Back