what would you do?

bayside blue

Registered
hey there everyone, im new here and am currently bike shopping... I am shopping for my first bike(do not confuse this with the common "i just got my license and i want a busa with no riding experience prior to this" i have been riding for a couple years now and have even been lucky enough to get a couple experiences on a busa before...so i know i want a busa but my question is this....

should i get a slightly used one?
a great deal on an remaining 07?
or wait and get an 08 in a couple months?

ps. ill give an intro about me in a couple minutes

All the above?
all_coholic.gif

I do not like the 08 look in the pics I have saw. I have not gottne a chance to see one up close yet. If it were me I say get a remaining 07 and mod it up with the cash you save.
Get a black one they are the fastest.....

Go with a slightly used one. You may find the value will go up when the 08 comes out. And Welcome the org.
beerchug.gif

My 2 cents says, buy what you can afford! The 08 has many of the mods most of us have done! But, I like the older Busa's! I bought a 02 grey/silver Busa. It gives me a chance of making it have my personality! Plus I have no fear working on it. Here's a pic:)!

Picture_020.jpg

It depends on what you have been riding the last two years. Since you didn't state what kind of bike(s) you have owned, it is hard to make recommendations. I will say this, don't let your ego over power good judgement, it has proven deadly to many.

You'll end up spending just as much on a used bike with not really knowing what history is behind the bike. Me not a fan of the 08's so get a good deal on a remaing 07!

personally id buy a slightly used one that has already had the shovel removed, pipe installed, stickers removed, etc. from someone whos dying to get rid of it to get the 08.

Whichever one YOU like the best and want more is the YOU need to get. Be careful and respect her and you will be fine.

I am not a huge fan of the 08 some of the changes made to them were made with good intention but the back end just does not do it for me.  But all the preformance upgrades they did was nice.  So with that said here is my recommendation.  Normally I will not buy any thing that is Brand new like the 08 Busa because they will need time to hammer out all the kinks in the bike.  If you want a new Busa wait for 2 years then buy the new model that is the normal time frame it takes them to fix all the flaws in the bike.  But if you can't wait to get a Busa get a gently used one here at the Org because the org is mainly made up of folks who do like to mod out their Busa's but they also take really good care of them as well.  So that would mean that you would get a Busa that fit you with some good upgrades and you would have a piece of mind knowing that is was well taken care of as well.  Just my 2 cents.

get 07 mod it yourself .then its customized the way u want it
wow.gif
(07 red is the fastest any way)

(BusaBret @ Aug. 28 2007,14:11) Whichever one YOU like the best and want more is the YOU need to get. Be careful and respect her and you will be fine.
Good advice
wink.gif

My feelings are that which ever one you decide to get you will love it as much as we all love ours. I have been riding for 40 years this year and my 06 Black and Silver is hands down the best bike I have ever owned. I have never been so attached to a bike as I am my BUSA. Just remember to respect the fact that this is not a toy and have the disipline to resist the urge to to go blasting around everytime you get on it and she will be the love of your life. Ride safe and welcome to the org.

(hayabusa4fun @ Aug. 30 2007,16:57) My feelings are that which ever one you decide to get you will love it as much as we all love ours. I have been riding for 40 years this year and my 06 Black and Silver is hands down the best bike I have ever owned. I have never been so attached to a bike as I am my BUSA. Just remember to respect the fact that this is not a toy and have the disipline to resist the urge to to go blasting around everytime you get on it and she will be the love of your life. Ride safe and welcome to the org.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

and the '07 will come down, when the '07 was released the remaining '06 dropped to 8.5 to 8.9 K
SHOCKED.gif

Back