What The :&!,)/@,!!!!!

HoboJoe

Registered
Hey Cowboys. No stupid questions huh! Went to install a new set of foot pegs earlier. Right side, which was a aftermarket already, came off easy. Remove the C clip and Wala. Left side will not. Has a spring to push it back into position of course but I've pulled the ends that clip on to the rear set figuring it would ease the tension on it and still NUTHIN! Seems to be frozen since it turns with the peg itself. Not freely. Gonna let some WD40 work on it overnight. See if that helps. Just wondering if any of you had a similar time and if there might be a trick to it before I head for the Gun Rack. Thanks

I'm thinking I should have been a bit more specific. It's the Pin I can't get out. Not the Peg itself.....Whew, that's better.

Can't think of anything that would prevent the pin from being removed if you have already taken the c clip off. Does it turn?

Yes but that's the point. It turns with the Peg. Doesn't appear to be bent at all. It's gotta be melded to the Peg somehow, it's the original. Then again it does appear the rear set and Peg were painted Black. Bet he sprayed them all at once rather than taking them apart beforehand and painting them separately. Nothing like doing things Halfass'd. Thanks

Oh I've done that and then some. I'm gonna try heating it a bit to loosen the bond between the paint and the metal metal. Can't even get a good whack at it from the bottom since it's right above the exhausts mid pipe. Which, of course, tells me I'll have to remove the exhaust on that side to get it out. Damn that Murphy guy. Wanted to get the OEM exhaust back on anywho, and just for the record I'm from Brooklyn and half Italian. I know all about that Bigger Hammer thing....

If it were me I would remove the rearsets before the exhaust. Should be able to get a good downward swing on the punch with it on the workbench. Just be careful not to mushroom the pin or you will be cutting it out and be on the hunt for a new one.

I agree with using heat but watch your source of heat so the painted surface doesn't catch. I once boiled a bucket of water and stuck a fork bottom from my CBX in it to loosen a stud that was froze. Worked perfectly.

Thought I'd just pick at it with a Heat Gun on low. Also, as I mentioned I'd like to get the OEM exhaust the guy gave me back on so I'll give that a shot first. Maybe I can get a few Sheckels for the Yosh pipes he had on it along with the extra set of wheels, and the Gen2 swing arm, in order to help finance the improvements I need to make on this one. Probably hang on to the Sprockets and Roters and Brake pads though. Figure I'll be able to use them at some point. Either way, it's turning out to be an adventure already. Oh Joy

Back