What is the purpose....

Hoopech1

Registered
...of the plastic piece coveruing the rear hole? This plastic piece is attached by 2 screws, so it has got to do something, right? If not, I am going to remove it because there is none on the other side.

rock.gif

Yup the right is covered cause it;s just a design element and it keeps crude from piling in back there. the left side is open to allow access to the handle on your subframe for leverage getting the bike up on the center stand. But it's enclosed behind the handle pretty well.

Unless you're a monster wall-eyed Mo-Fo? I wouldn't sweat as the chances of you seeing both sides at the same time are minimal. Heck just look how differen't the fairings are left to right!!!

Had to go out and look at what you guys are talking about. I had never noticed that the right side was covered. I use the left for my battery tender connector.

Wall-eyed is right. Eyes on freaking stalks to notice that stuff.
laugh.gif

I was planning on installing screens, so I was wondering if I could safely take them off. Guess the answer is yes. Call me anal (please don't)-but it bothers me that both sides aren't the same and I would remove it even if I wasn't going to do the screens...and no I don't like Kmart underwear....

Back