What Is Suzuki Up To?

Those pictures look more like someone's wishlist of how they would like the bus to look like. Closer to gsxr looks with a Taylor made exhaust instead of the ugly 50lbs exhaust and without the ugly(according to many people) tail. Lol!

fb_img_1480228349798-jpg.1570051.jpg

Looks more like a Katana seat . . .

REVEALED: Suzuki President tells all about the key future bikes! Why we haven’t had a new-retro bike so far, the turbo-bike that’s on the way (and why) AND the next Hayabusa!
BY MOREBIKES · 28/11/2016

REVEALED: Suzuki President tells all about the key future bikes! Why we haven’t had a new-retro bike so far, the turbo-bike that’s on the way (and why) AND the next Hayabusa!

SEL2326-DEG.jpg

Toshihiro Suzuki, the president of Suzuki has sat down and opened up about the future of Suzuki in a hugely important and revealing interview. Here’s what the top man says about the three main areas of road bikes and when we’re going to see them (ish). Stand by your beds, Suzuki fans because this is about as revealing as any Japanese factory boss has ever been!

Q: Virtually all the current major motorcycle manufacturers are making modern retro-styled bikes, why isn’t Suzuki?

A: I say this to reassure you: We realise that this is what some of our customers want and it will be coming from us. I can’t tell you when it’ll be or what type of bike we are working on though.

3096fe73f730913eca48c6434cd359a0.jpg

View attachment 1570090
1304UTS-01.jpg

turbo-bike.00002-v2.jpg

Q: Three years after you showed the world the Recursion prototype (pictured above, the patent for the production version is below it) we have yet to see the bike. Where is the road-going project of the bike, or any motorcycle from Suzuki, with a turbo engine?

A: The project has not been abandoned and there has always been the plan to launch a supercharged motorcycle in our range. However, this is not for this coming year. One of the specifics that we are looking at is exactly how much making this sort of technology for the mass market will cost to put into production. For now we have not defined anything specific about it. So I will take this opportunity to ask you this question in return: What price would you consider acceptable for a bike like this?

Interviewer says: A twin of medium displacement with a turbo? That makes a 100bhp? I’d see that selling for about 11,000 Euros (£9,500).

A: That is a view that is not completely fanciful.

Q: In the car world the use of the a turbo has become really popular for making an engine smaller, lowering fuel consumption and still having performance when needed. Is this the idea behind the future Suzuki turbo?

A: No, no. We do not think that fuel consumption is a major concern for motorcyclists. Nor do the latter want to lower displacement. Our idea of using a turbo is more about the pleasure that we seek on a motorcycle. A motorcycle with a turbo is a pleasure motorcycle that we develop, not a two-wheeled utility motorcycle.

026_1999-Suzuki-Hayabusa.jpg

Q: The Hayabusa (above) is one of the most iconic Suzukis ever, but it’s showing its age now against the competition. Will the current Hayabusa have a descendant and if so, when?

A: The Hayabusa will have a descendant that will not go too far from the family. Our engineers are working on it right now. It will be stylistically detailed with the familiar lines of the Hayabusa and it will have a lot of electronic assistance for riding fast.

BY MOREBIKES · 28/11/2016

View attachment 1570088

Toshihiro Suzuki, the president of Suzuki has sat down and opened up about the future of Suzuki in a hugely important and revealing interview. Here’s what the top man says about the three main areas of road bikes and when we’re going to see them (ish). Stand by your beds, Suzuki fans because this is about as revealing as any Japanese factory boss has ever been!

Q: Virtually all the current major motorcycle manufacturers are making modern retro-styled bikes, why isn’t Suzuki?

A: I say this to reassure you: We realise that this is what some of our customers want and it will be coming from us. I can’t tell you when it’ll be or what type of bike we are working on though.

View attachment 1570089
View attachment 1570090
View attachment 1570091

View attachment 1570092

Q: Three years after you showed the world the Recursion prototype (pictured above, the patent for the production version is below it) we have yet to see the bike. Where is the road-going project of the bike, or any motorcycle from Suzuki, with a turbo engine?

A: The project has not been abandoned and there has always been the plan to launch a supercharged motorcycle in our range. However, this is not for this coming year. One of the specifics that we are looking at is exactly how much making this sort of technology for the mass market will cost to put into production. For now we have not defined anything specific about it. So I will take this opportunity to ask you this question in return: What price would you consider acceptable for a bike like this?

Interviewer says: A twin of medium displacement with a turbo? That makes a 100bhp? I’d see that selling for about 11,000 Euros (£9,500).

A: That is a view that is not completely fanciful.

Q: In the car world the use of the a turbo has become really popular for making an engine smaller, lowering fuel consumption and still having performance when needed. Is this the idea behind the future Suzuki turbo?

A: No, no. We do not think that fuel consumption is a major concern for motorcyclists. Nor do the latter want to lower displacement. Our idea of using a turbo is more about the pleasure that we seek on a motorcycle. A motorcycle with a turbo is a pleasure motorcycle that we develop, not a two-wheeled utility motorcycle.

View attachment 1570093

Q: The Hayabusa (above) is one of the most iconic Suzukis ever, but it’s showing its age now against the competition. Will the current Hayabusa have a descendant and if so, when?

A: The Hayabusa will have a descendant that will not go too far from the family. Our engineers are working on it right now. It will be stylistically detailed with the familiar lines of the Hayabusa and it will have a lot of electronic assistance for riding fast.

That's the first credible evidence I've seen

Back