What do you think of the beetle bags?

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
Howdy all,

What do you think of the Corbin beetle bags? I kind of like the idea of extra room to store things. They are kind of pricey though!!! Right at $1000 for the pair. BTW.......How does everyone get their laptop to work?

Scotty

busa.jpeg

I like the looks of the Beetle Bags, but not at $1000. That's ridiculous. They are also ill shaped inside from what I've seen, and I'm afraid that would cut back on some of the available space. They look sweet though.

I've carried my laptop in my backpack before and wrapped it up in a couple of towels to make sure it didn't bounce around too much.

I think a better option for hard bags would be a set of the SW Mototek mounts and Givi bags. I looked into those, and the price of admission for the whole setup was closer to $600 I think. Of course, they're not all shaped fancy around the turnsignals and such. But hey, when you're packing for sport-touring, it's all about function, right.
smile.gif

I opted for a set of soft Oxford bags that are huge ! I got them off Ebay for $20. There was one loop that was broken off, but the loop happened to be in the bag when I got it, so I can just reattach that. I also picked up a huge tailbag, and with my tankbag, I'll be hooked up for all the sport-touring I plan on doing this summer.

I'll post up some pics later today.

They are expensive and not lockable or easily removed from what I hear if you have a 2k or 99 BUSA they are not good for your Subframe.I think pacemaker might havethem installed on his bike give him a shout.BTW there is a company that makes a hard back pack type laptop case for motorcycling I can't remember the name though.

<!--EDIT|jetset
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081693383 -->

I think they are as ugly as sin on a Busa. Good idea I guess if you are tourning a lot. Fact that they do not lock is bad.

wow.....didn't realize that they didn't lock..........you would think for a grand you would get locking ones.............guess I'll look at the soft ones...........Gixster.....would love to see thos pics!!!! Thanks.

Here's a shot of the side bags. They're huge. They are a little lopsided, as I was just tossing stuff in them to see how much I could get in there, but you get the idea.

busabags.jpg

Well, I'm planning on about 10 days from Oklahoma to Maine and all points in between. Taking camping gear as well, so I think I'll have just enough space to do what I need.

Back