What do you guys/gals think....

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Guys/Gals,

Saw something in the classifieds that would be a great idea for this site. Why not add an "Auctions" forum for people to sell items just like on ebay. Make up a set of rules whereas those that bid must commit to purchase... although any issues would have to be worked out between the buyer and seller and this site is not held liable for any misdealings. Not my idea, but give credit to Grabntwist for the whole thing. This way sellers won't spend time "bumping" posts so that other folks can see them. It also will allow time for people to get in on a deal before it's gone. And lastly, it creates one solitary place for people to go for good deals. What do ya'll think?
rock.gif

not trying to be a naysayer, but if there are problems, how do you punish? Ebay owns the world, paypal, IRS, whoops, that ones a secret.

Nice idea, but hard to implement.

Doesn't really matter a whole bunch to me one way or another but
why not let Ebay do its thing and we do ours here. I mean if you want to sell on ebay then do it on ebay.

I like the idea.  Rules and regulations can tie into as far as being "overseen" to make sure the transaction goes smoother than normal.

I like the concept, but I wonder how much 'traffic' the forum would get.

For example, virtually everytime I login to h.org, I click on 'New Posts' and I read what's there; I bet that there's a bunch of members that do the same thing. If there's a bunch of posts since I last logged in, I'll just start quickly skimming them - I may overlook the 'Auction Block' forum...

If one were to post up in the 'Auction Block' forum and there's not much traffic there...he may not sell his item; or may not get what he could have had it been in a more visible place.

My $0.02...

I guess when you really look at the whole auction thing... whether it be ebay or on this site... the possibility is ALWAYS there of getting screwed. At least this way, we can at least have some knowledge of the people that we are dealing with. And like BigT said, Rubbah is already working on a plan to eliminate those who go through shady deals. It's merely a choice that we as grown-ups make whether to deal or not to deal with someone. Just like ebay, if you don't feel comfortable, then by all means, don't do it. I just liked the way that the auction that grabntwist put up in the classifieds the other day was run. He was selling a set of forks and the deal went over smoothly. Now I don't know about any of you, but I wouldn't have had a problem purchasing from grabntwist sight unseen. We should require that pics of the item be posted and the other standard blah blah blah... Still think it's a good idea and worth looking into.

Back