What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Added my new Battery Tender Li Battery, changed the air filter, and replaced the spark plugs. The ones I pulled looked great, the air filter was done. I probably had another year on that battery

DSCN2916.JPG

DSCN2917.JPG

DSCN2918.JPG

DSCN2919.JPG

DSCN2920.JPG

I have recently gotten sick of shops refusing to inspect the Busa due to the HID lights. So I ripped all of that stuff off and went with the PIAA high output lights. They are expensive ($130 a set) but they actually work pretty well. The low beam looks like an HID but does not project quite as far as the old HID but the high is super. I don't know why this is, maybe a better fit of the bulb into the reflector or something. My riding buddies haven't even noticed the change as these lights look like HIDs in the daylight. Now on trips all I need is a fuse and a spare bulb and headlight problems are over (not that I have had any problems with the HID). So, just something to think about before you do the HID conversion.

photo 2.jpg

There has been some questions about frame sliders and do they work or not. I can absolutely tell you they work! But what about frame damage? I had a pretty decent laydown some time ago at about 25-30 mph. No major bike damage and actually very little plastic damage. This was because of frame sliders, bar end sliders and rearsets, so the bike barely touched ground. But my point here is that the T-Rex sliders I use are actually pretty complicated pieces of engineering. I was working on the bike a few weeks ago and noticed that one of the mounts had been broken in that last fall. This was a mount on the other side of the bike. So the rod that ties the two sliders together transferred the load to the other slider - not the frame. Also the metal the slider mounts is made of it extremely brittle so it will snap well before those forces can twist on the frame. Pretty fascinating engineering going on here for a $120 frame slider kit. I'm not saying T-Rex is the best slider as its the only one I have ever used, I am saying this is really great stuff.

photo.jpg

Today, I went into my basment, looked at her and whispered, "You are one sexy girl! But you knew that already didn't you?"

Dadofthree,

Tell us more about that battery? I have not seen it and don't know anything about it.

I dreamed about getting my 'busa back from paint, but alas, it didn't happen. Might be about 2 weeks out from getting her back. I'll post pics!

Couldn't say for sure bro,I know when Bill Hosler(aka California Kid)and Bullet Bob run the mile events they run with an open megaphone and pretty sure they pick up a bit of mph over than when baffled(may also use slightly different mapping though,maybe like a Brocks track map[no air filter]compared to his street map).

...sounds mean as hell though.:laugh: :thumbsup:

Took off most of the stickers (kept the kanji part) and the badges. Looks much cleaner now. Waiting for that 50+ degree weather during the weekend.

Couldn't say for sure bro,I know when Bill Hosler(aka California Kid)and Bullet Bob run the mile events they run with an open megaphone and pretty sure they pick up a bit of mph over than when baffled(may also use slightly different mapping though,maybe like a Brocks track map[no air filter]compared to his street map).

...sounds mean as hell though.:laugh: :thumbsup:
I imagine it would require a good dyno tune bc it would be flowing a little more air needing a little more fuel i.e. making a little more pony

I looked at the chords sticking out of my rear tire from last Sundays ride. Only 3400 mile on the factory tire and she is shot. Ordered a Michelin PR-3 and was going to ride over and have it put on but we are getting 6" of snow overnight so that is going to have to wait a week of so.

Back