What about the looks would you change on a Gen 3?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
What about the look of the Hayabusa would you change for a Gen III? I think a sharper edge to all the curves to give the bike a more aggressive look. I also thin the tail need some work. the Gen 2 tail is a bit better than the Gen I tail :hide: but still not quite right. I think the front of the bike is too massive and the tail to heavy too. Other than that it's perfect!:laugh:

What say you? (yes I'm very bored)

Well damn Arch....:laugh: you basically just redesigned the entire busa!! Is there anything about the busa that you'd like 2 keep??:rofl: :poke:

All jokes aside I'd like 2 see the Busa with a Trellis frame. Always liked the look of them and if Cowasaki can put it on their big bad h2 why the frig can't we have it too! :laugh:

Definitely want a more streamlined look. Gotta keep the hump but I agree with you it doesn't have 2 be soo wide. Also would like light and signals that aren't bulbous and eyesores. Take the new R1's or even the Panigale's they have LED headlights and don't have big goofy signal stems jutting out from the body work but still effective and can be seen clearly

All jokes aside I'd like 2 see the Busa with a Trellis frame. Always liked the look of them and if Cowasaki can put it on their big bad h2 why the frig can't we have it too! :laugh:

Definitely want a more streamlined look. Gotta keep the hump but I agree with you it doesn't have 2 be soo wide. Also would like light and signals that aren't bulbous and eyesores. Take the new R1's or even the Panigale's they have LED headlights and don't have big goofy signal stems jutting out from the body work but still effective and can be seen clearly

I think we are in the same place on the aesthetics. IG is wrong again as usual :laugh:

:moon: bring back Gen 1busa, :lala: bring back Gen 1busa, :boxing: bring back Gen 1busa! :argue:

Comic relief at the opponent's expense. :laugh:

Oh, dang, wrong screen name! This should've been fallenarch... sorry 1busa, I can't come up with anything better at the moment... I am falling asleep.

What about the look of the Hayabusa would you change for a Gen III? I think a sharper edge to all the curves to give the bike a more aggressive look. I think the front of the bike is too massive and the tail to heavy too. Other than that it's perfect!:laugh:

What say you? (yes I'm very bored)

So you want to toss the aerodynamics away. The curves are for airflow, even the front nose and fender are designed to displace air quickly.

I think all the lights should be changed to LEDs and the gauge cluster go fully programmable and digital..... OH and some of those H2R wangs.

So you want to toss the aerodynamics away. The curves are for airflow, even the front nose and fender are designed to displace air quickly.

The smooth curves are old thinking on aerodynamics. Look at the F-22 Raptor. True that has sharp edges for stealth, but it doesn't present a drag issue if done right.

I know what I want. Seeing as how I bought my '13 new last November and paid it off this November...I would like them to not make something that is so bad ass, that I can't fight the temptation to upgrade already! :please:

The smooth curves are old thinking on aerodynamics. Look at the F-22 Raptor. True that has sharp edges for stealth, but it doesn't present a drag issue if done right.

Can you name one car that has straight lines for aerodynamics?

I don't think the F-22 is a good example. There are some sharp lines, but you need to look at where the airflow goes. The wings are like knife edges, and are swept back. The nose is a sharp point to pierce into the air.

Bikes are already far worse than the car counterparts for aero, adding angular lines for the sake of aesthetics only makes it worse. That's why the Kawasaki guys run the busa front fender to increase top speed.

I really like having the turn signals built into the fairings on these bikes. Looks so much better than the "extending" type. I think LED lighting would be a nice change, love to see that. So crisp and clean.

All new digital display. Even the ZX14 has air temp. Could add Nav?

How about Heads Up Display.
Adjustable handlebar height.

Yes all LED's,
Built in tire pressure monitors. (all cars after 2007 have them) why not bikes?

Oh wait I'm dreaming. Don't wake me up as I like this dream..........

All new digital display. Even the ZX14 has air temp. Could add Nav?

How about Heads Up Display.
Adjustable handlebar height.

Yes all LED's,
Built in tire pressure monitors. (all cars after 2007 have them) why not bikes?

Oh wait I'm dreaming. Don't wake me up as I like this dream..........

I am so into this one. Why not sell a helmet for the bike? Connect it with bike telemetry (speed, tach, shift light, brake light high on helmet rear, GPS, rear view, engine status warnings. All without looking down. Sort of like the Skully only add engine telemetry specific to the bike. Man am I on that. Could be a option.

Subsonic and supersonic aerodynamics are two different ball games. Unfortunately those sexy sharp edges are not as efficient a the rounded bulbous teardrop shapes at speeds below the speed of sound.

cheers
ken

Subsonic and supersonic aerodynamics are two different ball games. Unfortunately those sexy sharp edges are not as efficient a the rounded bulbous teardrop shapes at speeds below the speed of sound.

cheers
ken

For a bike the real issues are frontal area and getting the air back together behind the bike (reason for the original hump). The Busa is fairly slippery but a BMW can get the same speeds with the most un-aerodynamic bike I can think of. Anyway, I think creased lines are the new slippery and we see it on bikes and cars. It has a more aggressive look and the form looks less "bloby" with better defined masses and angles. Note how angular the H2 is. If Suzuki wants to up the anti again on aerodynamics they need to get the radiators out from behind the front wheel and move air smoothly around the engine as it passes the wheel. No one has been able to make that work properly without over heating issues.

If Suzuki can keep that legendary profile and update it with a few defining "creases" they would have a winner. IMHO of course.

Kawasaki-H2R-LHF-1024x768.jpg

Back