Went to the Dr today

ditchdr

Registered
I am sure yall remember my few days in the hospital with my allergy issues. Well went ot my personal Dr today. I did not have a apt, her office called and wented to see me ASAp.. I got to thinking this cant be good. So I ride the bike down there and wait untill I can get seen..

She walks into the exam room, with a hand full of pills and a few shots. I am like great more crap.. Anyhow seems she got all the reports form the ENT, allergiest, and shrink today. I have asthma, that is worsend by the pollen. I get 2 steriod shots in the butt, have a twice daily inhaler disk thingy, and a rescue inhaler.. I tell yeah, after about 30 min of gettign the shots and the ihaler I feel 90000000000% better. According ot the tests that were done, I was only using 60% of my lung volume due ot the asthma.. She took me off the Allerga, and the flonaise. Said it was not helping. I now have ot take singular once daily and use the disk looking ihaler twice daily. And the good part is it does not jack me up like the other stuff did. I kid you not with in 30 min of using the flonaise and allegra my heart rate was in the high 120's to low 130's.. Oh and my blood pressure went down as a result of the new meds. OS all in all it was good.

And I had ot go see a shrink beacuse I have been fighting a lon g battle with anixety, they just wanted to make sure that was not the true issue..

Anixety came about after a bad bike crash where I was waiting on a ambulance for over 45 min blacking out and comming back and blacking out many times. Almost died form the blood loss from a punchred lung, and open femur fracture.. Sad it took that long for a ambulance ESP since i was still in the city!!!

Dang it, glad you finally found out what it is and have a way to control it. Very glad you are feeling better!
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys, feel like a million bucks..

Sad part is I was having a hard time leaving the house. As in I would force my self to leave beacuse of "anixety".. It was more of a fear of the unknown then anyhting else. Even tho I spent 10 years working for Dorchester County EMS, and I know that no matter where I am in the county if i pressed the panic button there would be help there in under 6 min, I still did not feel safe.. Dr said it was my anixety acting up due to the asthma, even tho I did not feel short of breath I was.. Go figure lol.. See that why Dr's make lots more then I did as a paramedic lol

That's cool that they've got that under control.
beerchug.gif
I've got family that takes singular and a disk inhaler and it's done wonders.

Sorry Bout the Asthma, but glad your finally getting squared away and we won't have to listen to you Wheezing anymore...
smile.gif

wow 60% on PFT is pretty lousy (we have 1 lunged patients that can do better) not to mention everyone moans about taking the test..

Sounds like maybe an Advair inhaler?

If you stay on the meds, the PFT should come up (100+% is not uncommon for healthy people)

Yeah whats odd is I did not feel short of breath, and my sats were at 97% on room air.. Guess my body was using what little bit I was getting very well.

I bet it is one of the few times someone told you to "blow blow blow blow" and you didnt take it wrong
rofl.gif

lol well i was not gonna saw anyhting but, yeah anyhow, so what kind of oil should I use in my bike lol

glad to hear you are doing better, they are figuring out what is wrong, and they are going to be able to help you do something about it...your body won't know what to do with all that oxygen when it gets straightened out
beerchug.gif

Congrats on getting things worked out. Oxygen is a great thing when you can get it to your blood. The anxiety thing will take time. Being able to breathe easier should help reduce the anxiety trigger for you.

beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you are feeling better and headed in the right direction. I can understand the anxiety. 45 minutes is a life time. Even more so when you have been in the business.

Glad to hear things are looking up for ya man! Try not to let that anxiety crap get to ya either, as I have the same problem, and sometimes it can get the best of you. But after you fight back it can be beaten, or atleast toned down some. My family is an excellent support group for me and they have helped a great deal!!
thumb_up.gif

Back