Went to court today.

One Fast Busa

Registered
Back in June got a present from an officer for 40 in a 25. Went to court today plead guilty and when the judge asked if I had anything to say in my defense. I let a little humor help. I told the judge "I was out on the bike, the birds were chirping blue skys not a care in the world". "I looked over and saw a really nice red Dodge Charger and i said to myself "man thats a nice car" then next thing I know that car was behind me with the lights on pulling me over". Everyone in the court room loved the comic relief even the judge:laugh:. So I walk out with court costs and Driver Improvement. I think thats alot better than points. If you have a ticket go to court. Most of the time if you r civil and come in with a good attitude they will help u out.

VA is getting rediculous with it's tickets lately. In July the laws were changed and now there are several minor offenses that will be charged with reckless driving, such as 6 mph over, minor fender benders, etc. My State Farm agent confirmed this. You handled your self well, and some judges are pretty tame. My son just got a reckless driving charge for a low speed, one car, accident on a wet road where he slid and hit a tree. We had to get an attorney, and we go to court on Sept 21st. Glad you got away with just minor charges. How many points did you get?

If you have a ticket go to court. Most of the time if you r civil and come in with a good attitude they will help u out.
very tru. since most ppl go in there with an attitude knowing that they were still dead wrong. a good attitude goes a long way on minor offenses like that.

VA is getting rediculous with it's tickets lately. In July the laws were changed and now there are several minor offenses that will be charged with reckless driving, such as 6 mph over, minor fender benders, etc. My State Farm agent confirmed this. You handled your self well, and some judges are pretty tame. My son just got a reckless driving charge for a low speed, one car, accident on a wet road where he slid and hit a tree. We had to get an attorney, and we go to court on Sept 21st. Glad you got away with just minor charges. How many points did you get?

No points as long as I pass the program. Court Cost $64 Driver Improvement $75. Not paying higher insurance and points priceless:laugh:

My bud and I recently got pulled over going 66 in a 50. We weren't trying to go fast, it just crept up on us and we honestly thought it was 55 not 50. We pulled over right away and were cordial to the police officer. He actually thanked us for stopping which we thought was pretty funny. He asked about our bikes and asked us if we had any tickets. Neither of us had any. He let both of us go with warnings and we thanked him for his service.

Yes there are times we exceed the speed limit on purpose but I know I go into it with full knowledge of the consequences. I always find it funny when people complain about getting pulled over or about how harsh the consequences are.

If you are exceeding the speed limit by 1 mile per hour you can get ticketed! If you wreck your car in the wet or otherwise, 99.99% chance you were driving too fast for conditions!

Here's the bottom line. Take personal responsibility for breaking the law accidentally or otherwise! Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, or pay the ticket!

BTW, I lived in Hampton VA for 4 years. Norm on the freeway is 10-15 over the speed limit or you become the hazard. Personnally, I hate the Catch-22 drivers are put in when they must break the law to be safe. I'm happier in traffic going 65 in a 65 than I am going 80 in a 65.

I got pulled over here in New Mexico about 2 years ago (with about 5 other drivers in a speed trap) going 10 over and asked the police officer in the nicest possible way, "Officer, what is a safe speed to travel on this road, at this time of day?" He thought about it for about 10 seconds and smiled. His answer was to issue me a warning. All the others who were pulled over got tickets.

One night coming home from bike nite in the city the temperature had dropped while we were up there and we were freezing our tails off on the ride home so. We were going a probably 65-70mph in a 45 zone trying to get home and warm up asap when a cop pulled us over. I thought for sure we were done, especially when 2 more cops pulled up. He asked us why we were speeding and I politely told him "sir we are sorry but we are freezing our asses off and we are just trying to get home". Him and his buddies started to look around our bikes mine in particular and said "is this a hayabusa?" :laugh: I said yes sir, and he replied I bet its real fast huh? I said yes sir, fastest production motorcycle made:thumbsup: Him and his buddies walked back to his patrol car and I heard one of them say " what do you want to do?" I couldnt hear the rest and started to get that sinking feeling when he walked back over handed me my license and paperwork and said "slow it down and get home" I couldnt believe it but I wasnt going to stick around and let him or one of his buddies change his mind. I showed nothing but respect and didnt argue the fact I was speeding I just told him the truth. Maybe it was my lucky day, maybe he was just feeling generous or sympathetic either way I doubt that if I would have copped an attitude or played dumb I would have gotten away scott free like that :whistle:

a good attitude goes a long way in alot of situations, period
tru. chit if I can even a bike to stop that usually means he's gettn a warning. and if has a good attitude to boot then he's usually walkn away with an ear full and that's it which in my experience is actually more effective. then I ask him what mods he has.....:laugh:

a good attitude goes a long way in alot of situations, period

True that.

If you're gong to go to court to plead guilty, or innocent and plan to defend yourself, its always best to have a good attitude with the judge. You'd be surprised at how human they are. I have had judges actually compliment me for my professionalism and presentation. They seemed to get miffed at the ones that show up and have no defense and have nothing to say.

Why bother coming to court to waste time?

sometimes you find cops that are cool like that or cops who pull you over and just desperately search for something to write you for ive had both

So true about honesty! This guy pulled me and my bro over for speeds in the 110 mph range in a 55 on some San Diego back roads, all the while we were passing on the double yellow.

When he lit us up we pulled over, didn't bull**** him and were straight up..........he gave us both a double yellow line ticket when he could of taken us to jail and impounded the bikes.

P5070014.jpg

sometimes you find cops that are cool like that or cops who pull you over and just desperately search for something to write you for ive had both

Same here. And depending on their attitude....determines mine. I can only speak for 3 states I have lived in for cops attitudes. And I'm not kidding, Fla is the worst I have ever experienced. I now live in Alabama. Have not had the first cop hassle yet. I have not changed my driving habits at all. Here they wave to a bike as it passes. The same situation in Fla. and you cringe every time you see a cop, wondering what he will pull you over for.

On the dragon we met some of the coolest cops ever. They were on BMW bikes and were just great guys to talk to and share stories. They openly said, they know we go faster than the posted 15 MPH speed limit. That limit is set for things like 18 wheelers was their reasoning. They said they have no intention of running us down as we ride through the mountains. They asked that we be careful and not wreck as they were the ones that had to come to those calls. They were on one side of the dragon ( I think the Tennessee side, I can't remember which side is which). They made it clear that the other force on the other side (North Carolina?) said they were not the same attitudes.

They loved the bikes there, they were bikers. Man they put on a show with the BMWs there. Scraping frames in figure 8's in formation.

I should post pics up if I can find them.

Back