Went Out To The Local Dragstrip For Test And Tune And Got Some Good Go Pro Video

Jomasterhn

Registered
The video turned out pretty good. The track was fresh and a little slippery, but I think I managed it well. I still need to work on takeoffs, as you all can tell, as the bike does not have a stretch.
can anyone give some advice on launching it without wheeling? I'm 19 and still have a lot to learn what I can, and I would greatly appreciate anything I can learn to get faster.

and I want to put a whooping on that zx-14 next time XD

Looked like you were having a good time bro,liked the video a lot.One quick fix to help keep the front end down on a stock bike would be to strap the front end down while you're at the track.If you lower the front and rear a couple of inches,an old rule of thumb is each inch lowered equates to about a 1/10th of a second off of your ET.There are a couple of guys on here who run great numbers with SWB,maybe they'll chime in with some good advice.:thumbsup:

I'm no drag racer
but I liked the video
welcome to the org
Hey, thanks for taking a look at the video, hopefully I'll have some more up when I go out there again.
Looked like you were having a good time bro,liked the video a lot.One quick fix to help keep the front end down on a stock bike would be to strap the front end down while you're at the track.If you lower the front and rear a couple of inches,an old rule of thumb is each inch lowered equates to about a 1/10th of a second off of your ET.There are a couple of guys on here who run great numbers with SWB,maybe they'll chime in with some good advice.:thumbsup:

Thanks bro XD, had a real good time out there, hands always shake like crazy after the first pass.

Thanks bro XD, had a real good time out there, hands always shake like crazy after the first pass. I'm gonna try to strap the front down when i go out there again. I got some lowering links on the rear and can bring it down some more. one of the things I still gotta work on is letting the clutch out a little faster but I'm gonna strap the front and lower the rear more and see where it gets me.

Hey, thanks for taking a look, I'm a little on the heavy side around 220, and I'm running a Shinto drag radial on the rear

Are you in Cottonwood,AZ?If so then you're at around 3300' elevation so the DA would be fairly high,that and with your 220 lb. weight I'd say you were doin' pretty damned good bro.

Are you in Cottonwood,AZ?If so then you're at around 3300' elevation so the DA would be fairly high,that and with your 220 lb. weight I'd say you were doin' pretty damned good bro.

I don't know, that Zx14 won by, I dunno, half a track?

Lol, sorry man.
I was never any good at drag racing, and just didn't have the interest to practice.
But you do, and it'll come to you.
There's alot of good drag racers here that'll point you in the right direction.
...and ignore my sarcasim.

Are you in Cottonwood, AZ?

If so then you're at around 3300' elevation so the DA would be fairly high,
that and with your 220 lb. weight I'd say you were doin' pretty damned good bro.

If I had to ride PirateDiverJeff's Hayabusa at the track ~ I'd shift it at 10 grand & put it in the torque curve . . .

Dyno%20Sheets%20and%20200-55%20Tire%205-23-15%20002_zpsknuxtlng.jpg

Stop wringing these larger displacement bikes out to red line ~ there is no more power gain past 10 grand & the meat of your torque is @ 7 or 8 grand . . .

WEIGHT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE THE SKILL AND WILLING TO PUT IN THE PRACTICE/CLUTCHES. I WEIGH 350 AND WOULD MAKE THAT 14 WANT A BUSA

It looks like you aren't pinning the throttle until a second or so into 2nd, or it looks like it. I know you are focusing on the clutch but try and see if you can get that right wrist rolled sooner. That's the only reason that guy gapped you, he never pulled any distance on you but in your 330' time but you cant get that back.

Excellent job! Times and MPH were improving, you were smooth, no unnecessary engine revving or squirrel jumping. You will be fine, keep practicing... You will be in the sixes next time out. Nice video!!

Back