Welding cracked frame, finally!

Dookoo

Registered
It's been a year now since I was taken out by the tourist while riding the Busa. As you know, I picked up a 2014 BMW S1000rr. My right leg is about 80% and it's still hard to drag knee on that side without wearing holes into my boots cause I can't quite bend my knee enough yet. I finally have the Busa apart and will begin the process of welding the footpeg mount back onto the frame. I miss the Busa, even over the S1000rr. For those of you in doubt, I have a GXR1000 track bike as well and all said and done, the Busa is still my favorite ride. Can't wait to get her back on the road. Haven't bought fairings yet as I'm still on the fence if I want a Streetfighter build. All be safe in 2015

image.jpg

Welding all finished up and she's running. Just ordered full plastics from China (Alstare Corona replica) for $460. Keeping my fingers crossed that the quality will be acceptable. Should be here in three to four weeks.

18CAE3E3-CB9F-44A3-825D-C335D364DCAE.jpg

The before pic is posted. I also welded a backing plate to give more strength and tapped through it as well. You can see in the first pic where the right side peg mount was sheared from the frame.

She's Alive. Maiden voyage tomorrow. Awaiting new plastics. The subframe was bent as well and used a little leverage to straighten. Not perfect but it will do for a $1500 salvage.
9F127E50-480B-4247-B51F-4C5C4FC83881.jpg

Back