welded right exhaust

methodicreign

Registered
this question may have been answered a few times already, sort if it's a repost.
I went to put in my slip on exhaust the other day and found my left side was clamped and super easy to acess but my right side was factory welded solid. if I grind off that weld is the slip on flange going to be there like every other mid pipe I have ever seen? has anyone else seen the welded side cut off?
is this a common Suzuki thing or did I find the odd ball again?

ive never seen this mine had aftermarket cans on it and were clamped. a buddies 08 was clamped from the factory both sides

this question may have been answered a few times already, sort if it's a repost.
I went to put in my slip on exhaust the other day and found my left side was clamped and super easy to acess but my right side was factory welded solid. if I grind off that weld is the slip on flange going to be there like every other mid pipe I have ever seen? has anyone else seen the welded side cut off?
is this a common Suzuki thing or did I find the odd ball again?

your bike must be a 99-00 as those were only years the left was a black midpipe and the right was part of the header...What slipons do you have? You need a 01 to 2007 header to do what your wanting to do. if you cut right pipe the angle may be off and not exit like left side..

Back