Weather Where You Are

Devils staircase lake Wakatipu ,
nice road to ride for sure but not as good as Lake Wanaka and Hawea thru to Haast .

Take advantage of your cooler weather ~ that place looks like FUN right about now . . .

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

Was a fun place before all of the Cartels screwed it up,I can verify it was $5 for a header back in the '70's.:laugh::banana:

Did you ever make it to Jenny's bar in Juarez around 1970? It was right out of an old B movie. A heavily made up fat old woman at the end of the bar was operating the cash register, a table in the corner had four old guys in suits wearing shades and a half dozen women were sitting around a center table. One or more join you as you sit at the bar, buy em a drink and the old lady gives them a chit. Make a deal and head towards the ladies room. The men's room is a men's room but as the ladies room door opens a long hallway opens up with several rooms on either side. Four-five more women come into view, hanging out in the doorways in various stages of undress.....well, that trip down memory lane was from my trip around the country right after I discharged, December 69-January 1970. I wonder if it's still open? I remember cops in that neighborhood wore full army fatigues with helmets and sidearms and carried M-16s. (We took a cab from El Paso and paid him to pick us up later). Tough neighborhood. Oh, $7.50, no foolin.:D

Did you ever make it to Jenny's bar in Juarez around 1970? It was right out of an old B movie. A heavily made up fat old woman at the end of the bar was operating the cash register, a table in the corner had four old guys in suits wearing shades and a half dozen women were sitting around a center table. One or more join you as you sit at the bar, buy em a drink and the old lady gives them a chit. Make a deal and head towards the ladies room. The men's room is a men's room but as the ladies room door opens a long hallway opens up with several rooms on either side. Four-five more women come into view, hanging out in the doorways in various stages of undress.....well, that trip down memory lane was from my trip around the country right after I discharged, December 69-January 1970. I wonder if it's still open? I remember cops in that neighborhood wore full army fatigues with helmets and sidearms and carried M-16s. (We took a cab from El Paso and paid him to pick us up later). Tough neighborhood. Oh, $7.50, no foolin.:D

:laugh:

Never made it to Juarez bro,and it just now dawned on me that it wasn't TJ I was in at that time but rather Nogales(we were partying in Tucson).Pretty much the same scenario though,parked our car and had a cabbie drop us off at a seedy bar with hookers and a floor show.Bunch of shabby rooms down a long hallway with only a bare mattress and a light bulb hanging from the ceiling .:laugh:Didn't get hassled crossing over the border from Tucson but they shook us down pretty good coming back(back seat out of the car,hubcaps off,etc.).Was a pretty big adventure at the time for three 18 year olds from Illinois,probably wouldn't try it today though.:D

I luv those Latino beauties , but of course I luv all the worlds ladies ...:rolleyes: . Be a great place to visit especially in the older days .:p Fairly recently a couple of young Ozzie lads got killed travelling somewhere down the coast of Mexico , wasted for only small dollars :mad: . Tends to headline bad warnings for even the gamest of travelers .... a real pity because that is one country that could use more tourist dollars . Mexico has enormous draw potential , if even counted from a Eco tourism prospect . :thumbsup:

You gotta be crazy to ride around down there now bro,

those bangers would love to use our scooters to do hits on .

:laugh:

They are going to have to catch us first ~ don't tell me that you are going to wimp out *

attachment.jpg

Saturday @ 10:30 AM
4360 Palm Avenue,
San Diego, CA.

I can remember the good old days when my friends would go riding & now they act like it is a sin *

Hayabusa 2013 Shell.jpg

Guess I'll just have to roll out & meet some other riders to enjoy our FANTASTIC riding weather *

Back