Wave rotors

busabullet

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at a set of wave rotors. I like the way they look but I have heard they where the brakes out faster. Any/All feed back would be appreciated. Also do they increase or decrease the brake fade.

<!--EDIT|busabullet
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108874476 -->

they don't work as good as stock ones... for stopping power
rock.gif

I have them, they weigh less and give you a better "feel" of your brakes. I disagree with fstbusa. I like them a little better than the stock ones. I think they stop just as well, if not a bit better. As far as brake fade, I don't think they make a difference over stock. Also, I haven't noticed them "eating" pads any quicker than the stockers. I have only had the waves for 6 months tho.

COPIED AND PASTED FROM www.galferusa.com

WAVE ROTORS
US Patent 6,386,340.
Galfer’s wave rotors were first introduced to the Motorcycle Industry for Trial bikes and then Snowmobile machines, soon to follow were Sport Bikes and ATV’s as well as Off Road applications. All Galfer Wave rotors are laser cut and made of a unique high carbon 420 stainless steel material that has been pre-heat treated and parallel double disc grounded to assure perfect flatness and the most efficient contact surface between pad and rotor.

TECH DATA
• Front Sport bike units are full floating and have an aluminum center carrier.
• Some front Off Road applications are full floating.
• All Wave rotors will improve the lever feel and feed back allowing the rider to get a much stronger and progressive brake then other units would. (Added trailing edge on the brake pad surface)
• Wave rotors are also great for keeping mud off the surface friction plate, allowing for the brake pads durability to be extended in muddy conditions. (Self-cleaning action)
• Most Wave applications are lighter than the original OEM rotors.

Why should you buy Galfer Wave Rotors:

• Cost less than OEM, OEM are not Wave.
• Used by many TOP race teams. Have the parts guy open any magazine.
• Galfer advertises in a constant basis in magazines such as MXA, Dirt Bike, Transworld Magazine, Dirt Wheels, Cycle World or Road Racing World. We are out promoting our products.
• Quality and longevity of the rotors, these are the “Ferrari†of the brake rotors.
• Easy to install.
• Galfer’s unique 800 tech line to support ANY technicall questions that the dealer might have at any time regarding brakes or parts involved with the brake system (800) 685-6633.

BusaFever, I ordered the EBC rotors...they are not wave... but seemed pretty ok to me, and they are lighter than the stock!

busabullet, The wave rotors sure do look good... Dont know if they are any better with the breaking! But i'm sure they will be lighter...

glad to hear you've had good experience with them Busafever

I don't have experience with them but have some close friends that do and they say they don't think the stopping power is the same.
cool.gif

Waverotors are lighter than stock by about 1 pound each.

Busabullet, i sell Galfer products, let me know if you want them.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108941842 -->

Had them for over a year and love them.... Stopping power greatly improved; there is no comparison to the stock set-up! But, to each his own.....
"If you kill a burglar with a 22 would he have been twice as dead with a 44?"

Thinking of redoing the brake system and putting in a BREMBO BRAKE SYSTEM with Stainless Steel Lines and redoing the system From the Levers to the calipers. Thinking of going with either a WAVE ROTOR or EBC BRAKE ROTORS, and putting HH Pads in as well. Any suggestions on which rotors to get for max stopping power? This would be on carbon fiber rims ceramic bearings etc....

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108993156 -->

Back