Was Feeling Like A Big Shot...and Then....

Tb3

Registered
.....I got off the bike and looked at my tires.:laugh:
I have almost a whole inch of virgin tread up to the corners still, lol!
I spent the day getting braver and braver on some twisties and felt like I was getting some decent lean time.
It sure was fun though. I'm slowly but surely, getting more confident.
and I know that the busa isn't necessarily the best machine to learn to lean hard on, but to be honest I know I would have more confidence if I was on a track where I didn't have to worry about road hazards, and, if I had a better tire than the stock bridgestones.
one thing at a time, and I'm in no hurry.
I certainly have a whole lotta respect for you guys that have wear all the way to the corners of your tire though:bowdown::thumbsup:

DSCN2875.JPG

If you want to push harder on them stock tires make good and sure they are warm!

Reactions: Tb3
+1
I'de keep them around 34-36psi hot front and rear too, if you really want to stick in the corners.

Thanks guys:beerchug:
I had seen some previous post here and so I definetly make sure I warm them up a bit. I'm also checking tire pressures before every ride now, which I didn't do in the past:redface:
The power sports place near me had a deal on q3's last month for 300 installed and a $50 mail in rebate for a debit card, so I jumped all over that and already paid for them. I just haven't installed them yet. The sales guy told me the q3's where going to be a big step up in confidence compared to my factory bridgestones.

I run Michelins and with a 190, a half inch is respectable for riding on the street vs the track. I don't consider them 'chicken tracks'.

What's funny is from now on probably the first thing I'l look at when I walk up to a sport bike is the tires and see if they have chicken strips:laugh:

I bet no one will have to tell him next time. That's one of those lessons that will stick with him forever.

Oh boy, watching that GSXR being binned on maiden voyage...not sure whether to laugh at him or feel sorry for him...seen it before so will laugh at him.

Personally, I think the DS is equally to blame. I've watched way too many dealers take a new rider and just kick them out the door without a thorough follow through process. I know they can't baby sit every customer; but they do have some responsibility to make sure they don't let someone who is unprepared go ripping out of the store. JMO.

Personally, I think the DS is equally to blame. I've watched way too many dealers take a new rider and just kick them out the door without a thorough follow through process. I know they can't baby sit every customer; but they do have some responsibility to make sure they don't let someone who is unprepared go ripping out of the store. JMO.

I agree. Even a statement as simple as you have to break tires in would help. I am sure that I am not the only one that has taken a wild ride on new tires. I didn't go down but I learned the lesson well.

Back