Want to plan a cookout?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
We don't have Grumpy's diner this time around :(

Omar mentioned perhaps we should see if the group wants to try to coordinate anything for a cookout or would everyone rather just eat out?

Thoughts?

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I'm game for anything. We had some good times up top throwing brat burgers on the grills and watching Cap lowside his chair. But it is work for someone to bring the food and cook it, so eating out is definitely quicker and easier, not to mention getting a ride in on the way.

I'm fine either way...if we want to cook out, we just need to plan a bit so those of us hauling can bring a grill.

Riding to a destination to eat sounds good to me too; less stressful :D

I'm game for anything. We had some good times up top throwing brat burgers on the grills and watching Cap lowside his chair. But it is work for someone to bring the food and cook it, so eating out is definitely quicker and easier, not to mention getting a ride in on the way.
I always enjoyed those too, but I'm good either way.

Haven't heard much on this, so I think we'll all just wing it, plan for more riding to eat or walking up the hill if the weather is bad :laugh:

If anyone needs/wants anything in particular hauled in and you're riding, let us know. Several are hauling trailers (including Omar and I) and we can make stops for supplies along the way...

:thumbsup:

If the trash can grills are still there we can just run up to Ingles and throw something together.

If the trash can grills are still there we can just run up to Ingles and throw something together.

I say we decide that when we get there then :)

I'm up for whatever we all feel like doing :thumbsup: Just looking forward to seeing some friends!!!

John said that there is a new smoker/grill sitting by the firepit. He also said that the selection of meat in town isn't the best. We're gonna try to pickup a few things along the way... Chime in if anyone else wants to join.

Omar and I picked up 12 lbs or so of beef (big New York strip to cut up for marinated beef tips) and several lbs of chicken breast...grabbed a case of Coke, case of Diet Coke, plastic utensils and paper plates, some :cheerleader: beer and Michelob Ultra if anyone wants some (I'll drink a few LOL)...I think we have seasoning for the chicken, not sure what we're doing with the beef yet. I think Omar wanted to talk to GIXERHP first and get some ideas...

Are we there yet? :)

That's awesome VaBs! I hear hooch makes a great marinade!

Oh and don't forget marshmallows. We need marshmallows in case anyone remembers.

Back