WANNA LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE?

I took a safety course at the base i'm stationed at and got my class M endorsment months before thinking of buying a bike and then last may i went against the grain and bought a busa for my first bike knock on wood, 8 months 7835 miles later nothing. i dropped it in my driveway putting it on my trailer in dec. i bitched like all hell for 10 mins and then thought to myself oh well plastics can be replaced a human life cannot. I have nothing but respect & fear for that bike and every time I toss my right leg across it i give a holler the the allmighty one above and think about the friends iv'e put in the ground. Point made: im always strapped head to toe when i ride i always cruise to Jacksonville because there are hundreds of bikes compared to the 8 we have here. There is not a single peice of skin exposed when i ride that beast nor will there ever be. Godspeed to all of you riders out there and R.I.P. to all those that we have lost.

Thanks again, guys and gals. Another round of thanks to VaBusa...she said exactly what I was trying to deny all this time. Like Thrasherfox said earlier, it's probably going to affect the way I ride from now on; and like Va says, it's gonna be in this helmeted head of mine for quite awhile.

Allen's funeral will be this coming Tuesday. Most of the riders who were there at the time of the accident will be rolling out...we'll all be part of the funeral procession. The Sunday following the funeral, we're all gonna go back to the crash site around the same time Allen died. We'll pay our final respects to him that day.

I was thinking about making a "hayabusa.org" sticker, if it's ok with the CAP...I wanted to slap it on the Bus so that when we ride, they'll know that I'm representing all of you...all of your kind thoughts and prayers. If you read this, Captain, you can edit my post or you can PM me...I would just like your approval to go through with this. If not, no worries.

Again, I'll apologize for anyone who may have felt offended (are ya listening, Pitbull?...I'm kidding, bro!) by my posts. However, I WILL stand firm in my belief that Allen still would have been here with us if he just had a lid on. I don't think that the lid will absolutely save everyone's life in every sort of crash, but I do believe that it greatly enhances one's chance of survival. Now that doesn't mean I condone nor do I decry going far faster than the speed limit on public roads...when we ride, I know that there will be times when we all push the envelope. All I ask is that if you are going to play the game, have the proper gear to do so.

I think the main point of this is not so much me preaching about gear...I know that we have the choice not to use it. What I'm trying to get at is what Michelle hit right on the head: I'm just trying to prevent any of it from happening to you. Sharing this bond with all of you has now become profoundly deeper...all because of Allen's passing. Remember: one more child on this earth will have to go through life without his father. There will be one more mother grieving for the loss of her son, and there will be one more wife who will need to be strong for both her son and herself...because he's not there. Please think about it, people. Allen has been riding for several years now...and he's had this particular bike for almost a year.

This was his first crash...

sorry... It is good that you have turned this into a learning experience not only for yourself, but for everyone around you!

Ride on, and ride with gear!

Again, I'll apologize for anyone who may have felt offended (are ya listening, Pitbull?...I'm kidding, bro!) by my posts.
PACIFICBUSA, In no was was I ever offended by any of your posts. If I'd seen what you did I might have said or felt the same way you did for a while, and afterward remember WE all make choices and take unnecessary risks in our lives and THAT is what the issue is - the taking of unnecessary risks in general - not the wearing of gear.
Not to start another topic, or idea - just a thought , it is apparent that your friend Allen loved to ride motorcycles(as all of us here do) and the last thing he did here on this Earth was one of his passions with some of the people who meant the most to him in the prime of his life.... any of us should be so lucky.
The reason I say that is because I spent a month last summer(July 6th to Aug 6th)with my Father in the hospital and watched him suffer as he did only to die on August 6th.
I watched him be reduced from the once proud man he was to being on a ventilator and dialysis and that is the last thing I remember at times is the day that I held his hand and watched him slip away into eternity.
I feel at times that if my Dad would of had it his way, he wouldn't have wanted to suffer as he did for so long, but would have wanted to go much quicker and not where he did and how he did.

PS - If there was a way I could ever get to Guam with my 'Busa, I'd be glad to ride with you PB - even with ALL the gear.

Pit Bull

Thanks, Oracle. Pitbull, if you ever get the chance to be out here, you know I'll show you around, and you can bet that I'll ride with you...same goes for anyone else who may happen to swing by my neck of the woods.

yo paulie!!!!!!

good write up........stay strong bro.

Pitbull....I know how you feel. My father went the same way. If anyone knew my father.....he would loved to go out a different way too. What kills me is that the only person to go to my Father's funeral from some was Paulie.....pacific busa.
Paulie what time you riding to the funeral.....?

Boom-boom, my brotha! They're having an overnight funeral...starts at 6pm tonight. 9:30am tomorrow, the hearse leaves his house over to St. Anthony's for the Funeral mass at 10am. The riders are gonna follow him to the church and then after the mass, we're gonna follow him to the Cemetary at Nimitz. I have a meeting at 8am tomorrow, so as soon as I'm done with that, me and the Bus are heading straight to his house. I'm hoping around 9-ish I'll be done with the meeting.

Big P...you know I got your back, my bro. I know you would have done the same for me. You know I'll be there, bro.

Forgot to mention that this Sunday we're gonna meet up and pass by his crash site. One last farewell. I'll let ya know what time as soon as I find out.

Been thinking about A.C. today...just wanted you to know that I was thinking of him today...don't know why...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076343865 -->

Thanks, Va. I went to the funeral today...needless to say, I am very tired. Hopefully we'll be getting copies of some pics that one of Allen's family members took. I'll be sure to post it.

Va, I'm sure Allen heard your thoughts and your prayers. I don't know what else to say to you but thank you...and that I am touched. Speaking of touched, today I saw two Harley guys roll by the church at Allen's funeral. I didn't expect it, but they turned around and attended the ceremony. They even followed us to the burial site and revved their engines with us. Remember when I said that where I'm from we are a very close community? How's that for a kind gesture?

To all of you, may God (or whoever your religious entity is) be with all of you and keep you safe when you ride. As for me, I know that my bro will be looking in on us from time to time.

Remembering Allen Raymonn Catapang and his GSXR 1000

Rest in Peace, my friend.

- Paul

Thanks, Va. I went to the funeral today...needless to say, I am very tired. Hopefully we'll be getting copies of some pics that one of Allen's family members took. I'll be sure to post it.

Va, I'm sure Allen heard your thoughts and your prayers. I don't know what else to say to you but thank you...and that I am touched. Speaking of touched, today I saw two Harley guys roll by the church at Allen's funeral. I didn't expect it, but they turned around and attended the ceremony. They even followed us to the burial site and revved their engines with us. Remember when I said that where I'm from we are a very close community? How's that for a kind gesture?

To all of you, may God (or whoever your religious entity is) be with all of you and keep you safe when you ride. As for me, I know that my bro will be looking in on us from time to time.

Remembering Allen Raymonn Catapang and his GSXR 1000

Rest in Peace, my friend.

- Paul

Back