race.gif

[Cartmen-like:] sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

What bikes are you into the most?
% OF VOTE OPTIONS
Harleys 4%
Sport Bikes 62%
Import Cruisers 30%
Dirt Bikes 5%

Thanks man, maybe we can finally get some positive press...

Bumping this back up. I don't know if SpikeTV will pay attention to the poll or not, but we all might as well try to get heard.

dang the dirtbikes are makin a run for it, when the poll started they were at around 9 and hardly was at 5.... anything but hardleys, that ferkin speed channel and their "american iron" show AAAWWWW EEERRRRR!!!!! I stopped watching the speed channel because of that show , that and all the commercials
mad.gif
american iron arrgghh!

Sport bikes at 47%...
I was just telling my husband last night, after seeing a commercial for a new show called "Southern Chopper" (Discovery Channel going overboard now?), what's wrong with doing a show on the things that sport bikers do to their rides? Show some custom sport bikes!!! No, wait! That'll just give us more ideas, and then we'll all be broke (again)...

Nevermind...
tounge.gif

Think about it. What's the popular reason for riding a sport bike? To do things that are fun, yet illegal. Wheelies, triple digit speeds, wheelies at triple digit speeds, do you really think that's gonna fly on TV?

biggrin.gif

That being said, I did recently see some show on that channel where they were reviewing one of the new Aprilia models. They also showed some top fuel drag bikes, but I missed that part...

Well the problem is that over 50% of motorcycle sales are cruisers so being the biggest segment of the market they are going to make more shows like it. I would love to see a sportbike show which I think would be great and could do a lot for the sport. But since it is viewed as brash and dangerous I guess we won't be seeing any.

Funny thing is that 20 years ago Harley riders were viewed as outlaw bikers, now Harley riders are the nice guys and sportbike riders are the outlaws. I guess you meet the nicest people on a Harley now.

How come they can make motocross mainstream but can't seem to draw that many people to road racing? The problem is advertising, how many commercials do you see for superbike or MotoGP on channels other than speed? I would think it would be a big boon for ESPN or Fox Sports to pick up some of the coverage and push it heavily, it would have to draw more viewers than bowling. Also I think it would be great for Speed to start advertising the races on other channels.

Plus when the superbikes come to town there are never any ads on tv about it, but when motocross comes to town every 5 minutes you hear "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!" I think the AMA needs to push it out there and the US needs some racing with vehicles that can actually turn right.

Sorry for the rant...

Think about it.  What's the popular reason for riding a sport bike?  To do things that are fun, yet illegal.  Wheelies, triple digit speeds, wheelies at triple digit speeds, do you really think that's gonna fly on TV?

biggrin.gif

That being said, I did recently see some show on that channel where they were reviewing one of the new Aprilia models.  They also showed some top fuel drag bikes, but I missed that part...
I am probably sheltered from the vast "stunter sect" of the biker community where I am, but I know plenty of guys and gals that don't necessarily do all of those questionable things...they just ride, and spend every dime to customize...

There'd be plenty of topics to cover in a show showing all of the different sport bikes, what people do to them to customize them, what kind of people ride...hell, make it just 30 minutes to start...and don't show bikers doing the stunts; that'll only make generalizations fly about all of us that ride...

PSA - that wasn't my way of saying anything bad about stunters...stunt away if you'd like!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

WTF dirtbikes at 60% and SB at 20? either there is a dirtbike community pounding that poll over and over or its rigged...theres more SB riders out there than dirt.

kinda funny how they took hardleys and put them in the cruisers catagory, now at 1%
laugh.gif

Back