vin number help

bd2dbn

Registered
i need help is the vin number any where else on a 06 busa the one one on the neck was ground off i boutght this from a ins cause it was a theft recovery bike thanks for any help

:beerchug:To my knowledge my '06 has only the one on the steering head neck...not sure how you'd be able to retrieve that info any other way...insurance company couldn't tell you how that has to be handled?? You'll have to have that of course to be able to insure, get a tag for, etc. right???
BTW, :welcome: to the site...

The engine's serial number is different, but I wonder if there is any way to trace it back to the bikes original vin?

My first questions is how the heck did you take ownership of a bike with no VIN? Unless you dont have a title.

To answer your question, is the sticker on the frame?

2007_hayabusa_frame_photo.jpg

i got a title and i know its was cheap to buy the bike and i never even looked at neck my fault,,, yes the sticker is still on the frame but didnt see vin number i have tags and ins on bike just used title never looked at neck till yesterday

The ins company should have it on file from the previous owner...

This is what the sticker looks like.

368361984_o.jpg

Last edited:
title is clean yes i have the vin but it not on the neck i am going to sell it now that i repainted it and streched it and lowerd it,,and notice no vin on neck but the title is clean

I would talk to your local DMV office about the vin not being on the neck. Here in Arizona they would have to have the vin restamped or have a new one issued to the frame and stamped on the bike.

MOST STATES DO A RE-VIN..ITS A STICKER..

But be prepared there going to get in that azz if anything not on the up and up!!

Take the bike to the DMV and have it re-vined. It won't take that long to get it done and it will save you a lot of time/frustration when you don get the bike sold.

i got one from auction like that before and same thing take all paperwork to dmv and have it revin..

Back