!Veteran's Day

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
To all who willingly place themselves in harm's way for the rest of us - thank you
To all who sacrifice so that we can sleep safe at night - thank you
To all those families who support thier military member - keeping fresh in his or her mind what they are fighting for - thank you

Never can enough be said about your selflessness and value to our nation's security and freedom.

Semper Fidelis...
Shawn

Well said, MC. God Bless all the men and women who served, and are serving, our country, keeping us safe and free.

American_Flag.jpg

Off The Troops And For The Troops The Military Police Corps Thanks Men!!!!
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif
...and just for you all.. I'm gonna push the limits today (I apologize now, if this offends anyone, and to the mods, and the cap'n)... so enjoy this for as long as it may last~  
brave.gif

Bless_America.jpg

thank you to the men and women in the armed services that are fighting for our freedom that we take for granted.
bowdown.gif

(GJoker @ Nov. 11 2006,13:18)
beerchug.gif
...and just for you all.. I'm gonna push the limits today (I apologize now, if this offends anyone, and to the mods, and the cap'n)... so enjoy this for as long as it may last~  
brave.gif
It stays. 3 Patriotic young girls.

post_12_79893_Bless_America.jpg

I'll take this oportunity to say thanks,to my Dad especially.

34 years of military service.
2 wars. (WWII,Korea).
Theaters of service:France,Germany,Italy,Holland,Far East,Korea.
12 decorations.
2 year stint as a paratrooper...oldest man(38 years old) to ever get his jump wings.
He crashed the very first Harley Davidson ever brought to Europe to be used as messanger bike between the lines.(WWII) A little too fearless I guess. Broke his wrist,etc. hahahaha.
He was a Corporal more times than can be counted.Sgt-Cpl-Sgt-Cpl-....... he was a bit of a Mean Ol' Bastid. hahahaha.
At 64 years old he had a quadruple bypass (open heart surgery) he walked home from the hopital a few days later,he said..."Thanks for the tune-up".
For a year or so he had to carry his guts around in a plastic bag tied to his waist. I remember him telling me he was close to checking himself out of the game at that point.
At 75 years old he had some pain in his ankle so he went to the doctor. They found 3 peices of shrapnel from the war. He said he thought he remembered the day,he felt some pain and warmth in his boot. It was freezing cold out and his blood warmed his foot so he ignored the pain. Finally,we guess,after a few days knee deep in shid and battles,he had a chance to remove his boots.He didn't want to leave his men (his brother was in the same unit) so he never got treated.He just let the wounds close over.
He died at 80. He was telling my brother a joke over coffee at the kitchen table. He dropped to the floor and died.

His mother died when he was 5. He was sent to live with a nasty grandmother. He left home at 12 and travelled across Canada during the Great Depression jumping onto railway cars for transportation.When he was old enough he joined the army. In those days the world feared only a few militaries.Canada was one of those countries.Those ol' Canadian boys were fearless.

He was tuff as nails. I have a ton of stories but I wont bore you.

Just wanted to say thanks to those who have done us proud. All the Vets.

Thanks guys.

Thanks DaD. RIP. I love ya. Andy.

Thanks to all our vets, and thanks rubberside down for sharing the story about your father. Sounds like a pretty incredable guy. On veterians day I often think of my Grandfather who served both in the army ( and was in the great earth quake in San Francisco at the Army Presido), and the Marine Corps where he always always pround to share with me that he served with Smedly Butler. He also had an old worn pith helmet which he occassionally got out of the closet to show me the bullit hole, and he would tell me the story of how he almost died that day. Veterans day for me is a day of memories. Some good and some bad. But I think of these things on this day and these memories remind me that I am proud to claim the title of the United States Marines. Semper Fi my brothers.

(rubbersidedown @ Nov. 11 2006,17:28) I'll take this oportunity to say thanks,to my Dad especially.

34 years of military service.
 2 wars. (WWII,Korea).
Theaters of service:France,Germany,Italy,Holland,Far East,Korea.
12 decorations.
2 year stint as a paratrooper...oldest man(38 years old) to ever get his jump wings.
 He crashed the very first Harley Davidson ever brought to Europe to be used as messanger bike between the lines.(WWII) A little too fearless I guess. Broke his wrist,etc.  hahahaha.
 He was a Corporal more times than can be counted.Sgt-Cpl-Sgt-Cpl-.......   he was a bit of a Mean Ol' Bastid.  hahahaha.
At 64 years old he had a quadruple bypass (open heart surgery) he walked home from the hopital a few days later,he said..."Thanks for the tune-up".
 For a year or so he had to carry his guts around in a plastic bag tied to his waist. I remember him telling me he was close to checking himself out of the game at that point.
 At 75 years old he had some pain in his ankle so he went to the doctor. They found 3 peices of shrapnel from the war. He said he thought he remembered the day,he felt some pain and warmth in his boot. It was freezing cold out and his blood warmed his foot so he ignored the pain. Finally,we guess,after a few days knee deep in shid and battles,he had a chance to remove his boots.He didn't want to leave his men (his brother was in the same unit) so he never got treated.He just let the wounds close over.
 He died at 80. He was telling my brother a joke over coffee at the kitchen table. He dropped to the floor and died.

His mother died when he was 5. He was sent to live with a nasty grandmother. He left home at 12 and travelled across Canada during the Great Depression jumping onto railway cars for transportation.When he was old enough he joined the army. In those days the world feared only a few militaries.Canada was one of those countries.Those ol' Canadian boys were fearless.

He was tuff as nails. I have a ton of stories but I wont bore you.

Just wanted to say thanks to those who have done us proud. All the Vets.

Thanks guys.

Thanks DaD.   RIP.   I love ya.   Andy.
Man that is just an awsome story about someone who is for sure a rare breed that we could use so much more of in these times....I think its so important to remember and be aware of our history not only as a nation but also as a family...it is family that makes a nation and if we forget were we came from, forget or history, we lose our bearing.....thats what I always loved about the military was the Tradition and Rememberance.

I once remember marching thru a veterns cemetery while in basic, and as we proceeded thru the grounds, sudenly our SGT. called the company to a halt 200 men if I remember right all at attention and then the SGT. said, "PRESENT ARMS!!!" Man, that has always stuck with me standing there with all those guys for what must of been 5 minuets at complete attention with time to think of what this all means , listening to how quite and somber the whole cemetery was with all those men, hearing just the breath of their presence,
giving their total respect to those who have gone before us

Your Father is one of those
bowdown.gif

Back