Vance and Hines Addition

MetalDisorder

Registered
I am ready to add some pony's to my 08
I have always had slip-ons on the bike but wanted to get your take on adding Vance and Hines headers to the Yosh cans to complete a full system.
I am also adding a dry system and have a good Dyno / Tuner lined up for after the parts are on.
Do you guys think the header / mid pipe change is worth the 500.00 it will take ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The depends on what your expectations are. A header will make the bike cooler as the cats are very hot at your feet, make the exhaust note throatier, will make the response of the engine better, and will add maybe a couple Hp if properly tuned. Is that worth $500 is up to you. Obviously I think so as i have a full Yoshi on mine and I think full exhaust is the way to go on a Busa. But this is not going to radically transform the bike like a NOS shot or a turbo would.

Thanks guys . I have never noticed the heat and the at 230 lb I should diet if I wanted to loose the weight ..hehe. But both good plus. My thought if I am going to do a 40 shot and a tune for good fuel then the cats may get in the way of that HP.

If you are going 2 add nitrous on a Gen2 make sure you upgrade the internals of the engine as well. Nitrous + Ti-valves/springs are a recipe 4 trouble :whistle:

Thats the 1 thing about a Gen1 vs the Gen2 is the Gen1 has Stainless and can take a licking and keep on ticking so 2 speak when it comes to adding a small shot of Nos on a stock engine. The Gen2 not so much..... almost everybody I know who runs nitrous on em Big Shot or Small switching from Titanium to Stainless was 1 of the 1st things they did.

As far as Full exhaust vs Slip on it kinda goes without saying. No sense in going through the trouble of cooking dinner and not set the table.... If your gonna do it you might as well do it ALL the way :laugh:

Yea kinda where im at .. in 08 nothing could touch the Orange beast but with all the liter bikes, HP4's and the like out there I would just like to do my best to carry the Busa flag and 20hp would probably get the job done in most cases .. Plus I always enjoy spanking 20+k euro bikes with my 8 year old
10k bike .. Just fun..
Anyway love the look of the duals so I am in a bit of a quandary ...???

Akrapovic makes a full twin exhaust 4 the busa and Brocks CT exhaust can be ordered as a twin as well. Ain't cheap but if your dead set on a full dual exhaust break out your checkbook :laugh:

Yea I do like the look of the Akrapovic system .. Might try to sell my Yosh slip ons and stock pipes to offset the cost a bit

Ok I just ordered the Vans full system Header and it should work with my yosh cans .. So happy
Question for you experienced tuners or tunees :-)
Anyway I have a local tuner in mind ( Keven Cadby ) .. Question to you guys is .. can you plug multiple maps into the a-b-c switch in the ecu? .. I am adding a small shot to the mix 20-40ish and would lie to do a map (B mode) for good fuel (c12) and n2o and a mode (A mode) is for normal street.
Can the ECU be tuned that way or will I need to add a power commander or similar ?

Never mind on last one .. more searching looks like I need PCV or similar to accomplish that ... Going to tuner without n2o and get this part done and see where I am at.
Will post results

You can stop by and see it yourself :-) I am local to you
So far I like it .. Fits perfect and build quality is excellent. Sounds great as well . Not much louder but deeper sound with the cats gone

Did you dyno yet? I was wondering how the V&H does with Yoshi cans. I was not sure and no one had done it when I was looking at this so I just went full Yoshi. Got used to the single can after awhile. Actually the V&H cans aren't bad, I love the R-77 look though.

Back