Valve adjustment

dentonbusa

Registered
my 05 busa has 6000 miles on her now i bought it new how many miles should be on her before i worry about it. can i go as high as 20,000 or 30,000 miles i hear different opions. my kid brother has an 04 zx12 bought new 9,000 miles on it no one local wants to do his valve adjustment or check it said it was to big of a job . we change our oil at 1,500 miles if that matters don,t want to take our bikes back to dealer for service we can do basic maintance tires, chains, brakes, but not valve adjustments is the busa as hard as the zx12 to service.

my 05 busa has 6000 miles on her now i bought it new how many miles should be on her before i worry about it.  can i go as high as 20,000 or 30,000 miles i hear different opions. my kid brother has an 04 zx12 bought new 9,000 miles on it no one local wants to do his valve adjustment or check it said it was to big of a job . we change our oil at 1,500 miles if that matters don,t want to take our bikes back to dealer for service we can do basic maintance tires, chains, brakes, but not valve adjustments is the busa as hard as the zx12 to service.
RTFM[move]

...RTFM

I'm coming up on 30,000 and my mechanic says that is the time. They were checked at 15,000 and were fine. can't hurt to do them earlier. A trained ear can tell if they need adjusting...

It's nothing (OK so nothing might be a stretch) to check them yourself. If you find one thats out of spec bite the bullet and have the dealer adjust em. Look at it this way it could be a Ducati!

I'd probably do the first check at the recommended 15K mainly due to the fact the engine went through its initial break in period and tolerances change the most at that time.
After that...
rock.gif
All I know is that it'll be a long time before I bother again.

Back