Uniden Rader Detector and Scanner

Have been using the Uniden Rader Detector model LRD 6599SWS and Scanner model BCT-12 for about 6 months now and the both items work really well in San Jose area and on the Freeway.The LRD 6599SWS was set to Highway mode and will tell you if the radar that hits you is Laser or X-band or what ever,it will also give you a signal strength but will not tell you what direction the signal is coming from.We used the Detector with the Uniden Scanner BCT-12,which you program for the state that you live in and the scanner will pickup active radio that is in your area and it will also detect a police radio that is down the road from you or behind you,a double light indicator will come on when the cop or HP is using their radio.You don't have to program any freq for your area because everything is auto mode.The scanner has selection for City cops only, Highway Patrol only, or both City and Highway.Both items scanner and radar detecter is small enough to mount on the underside of the Hayabusa.All the live test has been done on my wife's car and truck since she travels a longer distance than me to work.If you want to learn more about the Uniden product go to www.uniden.com, due to the amount that the valentine cost I opt for the uniden.I get to detect the radar and I get to hear them also.The scanner also picks up those aircraft that you can't see.Price of the BCT-12 was $146 plus shipping and the LRD6599SWS was $126 plus shipping total cost $272 plus shipping.The radar detector has VG-2 and will detect front and behind you.It says it has 360 degree detection and I do agree it has because we get hit on the side when those auto door openers activate at shops or stores when we are driving by in the city.Going to street Vibrations in Reno we were able to pickup the CHP radar and radio real easy and got one car hiding in the bush on Hwy 80 when he used his radio,I told my wife to slow down and we couldn't see him but when she went pass a divider area in the Freeway the CHP was in the bush facing the fast lane of traffic and there was no way you would have notice him until you passed the bush.The scanner picked him up first then we slowed down and he hit us with the radar but we slowed down to normal speed limit.Hope this helps out someone who is looking for other source of protection.

Cisco

Thanks I am looking for one, just got a ticket on HWY 101 north of the golden gate. luckaly he got me at 85 miles an hr but only wrote me for 70. So I am In the market for one see how I drive 101 daily to go to work..

Thanks for the update..

Back