UK newbie 1999 stock Busa

Bofh_uk

Registered
Hi everyone, we've had the beast for about 3 weeks now, brought her from a tiny lady that wanted to drag race it but sadly had to sell all her bikes to fund a new home. Sad but then we got a Busa out of it and she got 3k towards her new home.

It's a totally stock 99 bike with 16500 on the clock, very clean with only two small stone chips on the whole bike. I've ridden a few bonkers bikes over the years but nothing comes close to the madness of the Busa, I've finally moved over to the dark side :thumbsup:

A pic of the beast when I got her home.
DSCF3603.jpg

As far as mods go I've fitted Goodridge braided and coated lines so she stops a damn sight better now. I've also fitted Pazo two finger levers and it's made a huge difference to the ride, pulling off in first is no longer pot luck :laugh:

Since then I got hold of a set of small indicators that I'm fairly happy with, I also got a new licence plate holder and it looks crap as far as I'm concerned.

I chopped out the old rear guard and fitted the holder, trouble is it's just not the right angle.
DSCF3622.jpg

DSCF3623.jpg

Horrible init :whistle: I've been trying to make my mind up what tail tidy to buy so I can fix this mess but at the moment I just can't make up my mind. I've been reading threads that mention a few of the favorite tail tidys have dodgy leds that are a bit crap so I'm still confused.

Next on the list is likely to be a set of cans, probably the Scorpion street extreme cans but I've not found any good pictures with them fitted so I've not made up my mind on that either

We also own a Pan European and a Triumph Speed Triple, I spent a year customising the Speed Triple I painted it with Alsa corps Mirror Chrome and polished and moded just about everything I could.

DSCF3543.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome: Glad to have you on the org. Wow, what a nice bike for the $$$:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, it sure was a good deal in my eyes, I was thinking about a Gixer k6 k7 for about a year. Then I thought what the hell, for 3k you wont find more bike for your money. 7-9k on a gixer just don't seem all that good to me anymore.

:welcome: My wifes aunt live near Silverstone. One of my mates is stadium manager for the Northhamptonshire Saints. Sweet Bike! Welcome to the org.!:beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg, sweet bike my friend. Love the speed triple as well. :beerchug:

Sweet ride!! Congrats on the awesome purchase.

Is that 3k in $ or Euro? Curious.

Welcome to the madness and to this great family.

:beerchug:

Back