Two Quick Questions

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Question 1. It's time to change my spark plugs. What kind of spark plugs are you using? I think I am going to use NGK Iridium Spark Plugs. What do you think?

Question 2. There was a group buy for bike stands. I am trying to find that post. I would like to order another set. The stands were $99 for the front and back stand. They work great. Any one remember that group buy?

Question 3. OK. I lied! I have 3 questions. Where can I order a thermostat?  

Thanks,
Donald

the first thing people will ask as far as the plugs are concerned is the milage on the bike or in oparticular the miles on this set of plugs. For a thermostat Vman1300 (Kevin) at MR Cycles is the OEM connection and happens to be a bord sponser. Go to the main page you'll find his link. Not sure about the stands but someone will chim in soon.
lurk.gif

I chose the NGK Iridium plugs for mine and have been running them about 8 months. I have been running them in other bikes/cars for about 5 years.

The group buy was through Checkered Flag Motorsports. I suggest doing a search on recent opinions on the vendor before buying.

Check out site sponsor Redline, and there appears to be a couple of deals on the Auction site!

(thismonsterlives @ Nov. 20 2006,05:04) the first thing people will ask as far as the plugs are concerned is the milage on the bike or in oparticular the miles on this set of plugs.  For a thermostat Vman1300 (Kevin) at MR Cycles is the OEM connection and happens to be a bord sponser.  Go to the main page you'll find his link.   Not sure about the stands but someone will chim in soon.  
lurk.gif
Thanks for the info. My busa has 15600 miles on it. So it's time to get the spark plugs changed. I will definitely pm Vman1300. He has taken care of me before.

(Professor @ Nov. 20 2006,05:07) I chose the NGK Iridium plugs for mine and have been running them about 8 months. I have been running them in other bikes/cars for about 5 years.

The group buy was through Checkered Flag Motorsports. I suggest doing a search on recent opinions on the vendor before buying.

Check out site sponsor Redline, and there appears to be a couple of deals on the Auction site!
Thanks for the group buy info. I am going to contact them to see if I can get another set. I love the first set and definitely loved the price I paid for them.

I use NGK Iridium ........... p/n ........ CR9EIX ........ stock number 3521

muscle.gif

(Jayslamms @ Nov. 21 2006,19:07) I bought a set of stands from Handy Industries for about 99 bucks....but that was a couple of years ago.
Thanks for the info. I ordered a set of stands off of eBay. The cost $99 and should be here with 2 weeks.

(badassbusa03 @ Nov. 21 2006,19:25) I use NGK Iridium ........... p/n ........ CR9EIX ........ stock number 3521

muscle.gif
I also ordered some of those off of eBay. They should be here sometime next week. Thanks for the info.

(Cuffee @ Nov. 22 2006,07:05)
(badassbusa03 @ Nov. 21 2006,19:25) I use NGK Iridium ........... p/n ........ CR9EIX ........ stock number 3521

muscle.gif
I also ordered some of those off of eBay. They should be here sometime next week. Thanks for the info.
how much did they go for on ebay? i ordered mine through Advance Auto, $30, got next day
crazy.gif

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

The shop sent me CR9EIA-9 NGK iridium, does it fit my Busa 2000?

Standard size is a CR9E according to the manual. So, I would assume :whistle: your iridium will fit. Just check sizing and gap (standard gap is 0.7 mm to 0.8 mm or 0.028 to 0.031 in) with your old plug. And remember the torque is 8 lb-ft :thumbsup:

Geezzzzzzzzzzz, another 4 year old thread, BUT a helpful one :thumbsup:

Gen I won't be helped much by using Iridiums but they are recommended for Gen II.

I like MRcycles.com for oem parts.

--Wag--

Back