Two kinds BMC Filter

wht_scorpion

Registered
What the different between the two a normal Bmc filter and a Racing BMC filter? I ride the street and highway. Does the racing one need to be cleaned more then the normal one. looking to get more torque Im running a K&N filter right now. People say Bmc filters are much better. Thanks for your opinion.

racing filter will screen less particles than a regular one. Street one is the better way to go if you buy one for a bike riden often.
Not sure, but I think I have read that the street one doesn't do any more than a stock filter?

Correct gentleman. The slight advantage in air flow with the ability to service it as opposed to purchasing new all the time. So the $68 dollar investment pays for itself in two changes. It's not going to give you any noticible torque increase.

So it would just be I should just stick with the K&N filter or Bmc much better with the normal one.

Keep the K&N. The K&N, BMC and BMC race will ALL flow a little better than stock. You'll never notice a performance increase, but there will be a very small gain with any of them. As said they'll pay for themselves too.
I had a K&N and replaced it with a BMC race. I noticed no difference between the two, and the BMC race is less than 2/3 the thickness of the K&N.:beerchug:

Correct the bmc race has less filling in it and flows a little less, both are servicable and a gain over stock. with the race they say you need a tune to go along with it and with the non they say it flows slightly more than stock and doesnt require one

Back