Turbo Wheelies

Shmoo

Registered
I just installed a 16 tooth front sprocket (1 down), and I'm noticing a difference with being able to pull good power wheelies in 2nd gear now.

Could somebody please tell me how the Busa does under turbo conditions with wheelies? How many gears does it power thru? If it is ridiculous, do I need to put on an extended swing arm?

Well it is like this. Even with a 19 front gear you can power up in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Every so often even in 5th on my bike. i have heard of 350hp plus turbos that can go up in 6th gear. It is an art to keep it down. If you drop a 17 or 16 in the front you would be up at 1/2 trottle or less, unless you go to a 36 on the back. This is why lots of people (not me, I keep it to ride straight, twisties etc.)extent the Busa when it is Turbo'd. Even at the drags I was up in 2nd and 3rd before the end of the track at 145mph+

Cool...good info. How about this: I've also heard that the "wrong" turbo can be very dangerous on the Busa. Meaning, that if the powerband comes in hard, it can make the Busa unmanageable. Solution was to find a turbo system that was smooth through the turbo-power band, and doesn't slam it. I wouldn't want to be mid-throttle and have it put me on my ass because of hard turbo action. Any input on this? Thanks!

Cool...good info.  How about this:  I've also heard that the "wrong" turbo can be very dangerous on the Busa.  Meaning, that if the powerband comes in hard, it can make the Busa unmanageable.  Solution was to find a turbo system that was smooth through the turbo-power band, and doesn't slam it.  I wouldn't want to be mid-throttle and have it put me on my ass because of hard turbo action.  Any input on this?  Thanks!
The main point on a turbo bike is the tunning. Not the wrong turbo but the wrong or inexperienced tuner is what can damage a bike.

Back