Turbo Busa Outlaw Drag Sled Project

ct4stroke

Registered
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd share some pics of our busa drag sled project. This complete custom build has been in full swing for the past 14 months and we're getting ready for asphalt testing.

More pics at: s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss277/queenan/Queenan%20Busa%20Build/?albumview=slideshow

iceSetup4.jpg

Lake-RightLow.jpg

Lake-Front1.jpg

Oct-RightRear.jpg

oct-rf-open.jpg

Spooling Turbo On Anti-Lag:
th_VID00051.jpg

you sled guys are nutz :beerchug:

been working in the north quite a bit the last couple years. got to see some asphault sled races at the syracuse nationals in syracuse ny. pretty neat stuff.

nice setup, who makes that tailight you got?

Thanks Guys!

Boosted2 - that's a RCC water/air intercooler on a 40 series NLR full spec race turbo system.

Mattstang - It's an aftermarket Busa style LED taillight, I forget the name but can track it down if your interested.

I can apprieciate your efforts. Building a kit front scratch ain't easy. Been at it for three years. Tested on Stage One, Stage II, Stage III Track, Stage IIII LSR, Campanga and water/air intercooled. Again nice work...

100_0897.jpg

the flames you're kicking off on that anti lag are pretty epic. white blue and red.

That is one awesome looking machine. Tell me more about the chassis. Did you do all the fabrication?:bowdown:

We have not put it on a dyno yet but should be capable of 700+ not that we plan to run it on the edge. Looking to run her at modest boost, all the power we need and keep the engine safe all season long. No need to grenade this baby.

Built to our spec - the aluminum chassis is all CNC machined and was engineered in CAD around the motor, turbo system and our patent pending drive train. Chassis work was done in MN by Proline. Turbo system is from SEB at NLR and has an RCC water/air inter-cooler. We did all final fitting and fab work here on the east coast, lots of custom parts. It's a family racing project, many people involved. Custom rear body work was commissioned to some folks in Maine. All electrical, plumbing, air, done here. Paint is all water based by Sherwin Williams. Way too much stuff to list here... you get the idea.

We're still in testing, but this was built to go after the 1/4 asphalt sled record which is currently 7.59. We will be at a number of AMA Dragbike events this year and if all goes well, we'll put her back on the ice next winter and go after the 660' ice drag record.

We've had lots of interest and hope to building a few more of these for some customers later this year.

Back