tts stage 2 supercharger

IRDEATH1340

Registered
what is needed to run the a stage two supercharger at 300hp? I was planning a turbo build with complete engine build, rods, pistons, ss valves, heavy valve springs, ape shift shafts, ape engine studs, plus a stage one turbo with water injection only to find out from the builder im looking at 280 hp to the ground. for the 10k ill have in it that hp seems low. Can this supercharger run 300 with stock internals, doesn't say it needs any engine work on the tts website, the stage 3 states it need engine work but its pushing alot more hp. Trying to get a build going, just don't know what direction to go in and trying to get the most for my money.

That's a little overboard for 280HP, you need to talk to one of the shop sponsors they can build you a bike with alot more HP. Also google RCC they have some kickbut kits.

I agree. I have that exact setup and I'm running 276 hp with a heavy 240 rear tire and a conservative tune on pump fuel.

LILLBLACK yea im getting a lot better numbers talking to frank at powerhouse he tells me around 280hp without water injection and engine build, and with water injection definitely over 300hp, also what I figured. I just don't understand the different numbers giving, builder here in NC is well known, builds a lot of big hp bikes. Biggest thing I like about builder here, is he is like 45 mins from my house, just numbers seem very low for a engine that can handle 400 and a turbo that can also.

Frank is a great guy and he supported me with alot of my parts while I was having my turbo built. If I lived on the east coast, I would have him do my engine.

A little advice from me, I would be weary of used kit's. I got my stage 2 kit off of ebay for 1800 and had to replace everything to get it to work with my bike. It cost me about another 1600 in cash for all the new parts and welding (lines,turbo,injectors and FCU). Good luck it's fun to ride after you get it all up and going.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but how does one even get their hands on a tts stage 2? I can't get anyone to talk to me.

forget the blower. the Turbo allows u to set watever boost setting u want and make more torque. go with watever Frank tells you. if blowers were so popular u wud see everyone using them. you see NO ONE using them. I have never seen one on the street or the track and been to the track hundreds of times. yea they work but again if they were so good all the PST guys wud be running them. their not their running Turbo's....

Gnbrett, with all respect but within 5 miles i know 3 road bikes here with a supercharger conversion and not even one with a turbo around here in 25 miles, so it depends.. Allmost everybody knows the pro's and con's of the supercharger vs turbo, but if it works out right for someone, also depends on what you want. Trying to get the most hp torque@psi boost, go for turbo. Want something more exclusive, a supercharger might be your toy.
Allthough the supercharger power output is almost lineair, so torque numbers won't be that high overal, i think you're reaching the limit on stock internals @ 300hp. It all depends on how you ride it and what you're looking for. Better be safe. Good luck!

The first thing you need to look at with a Supercharger set up is the actual Boost its going to. From what we have tested there are 3 Rotrex set ups. a 10psi charger, an 18psi charger & a 28psi charger which make 230 to 280 to 390hp respectively on our dyno. That means the stage 2 kits we measured take 18psi to produce 280 ish horsepower at the tyre. others say this is 1 bar but they need only attach a boost gauge...

I would not run any non intercooled bike with a 9:1 comp engine over 12 psi of boost on petrol btw as I see that as the safe limit for sustained usage.

Procharger C1 set ups we do were producing 260-270 @10psi & over 300 @ 14psi with 9:1 compression stock bore motors. On any of these set ups the more the engine works better, the more power. DAS Performance have taken the C1R procharger to over 550hp on their bells & whistles race bike & have run into the 6's on the qtr.

their definitely kool but again never seen one anywhere on anyones bike on the street or the track and I live in one of the most densely populated areas in the country with over 25 million ppl in the immediate area and 4 race tracks and one of the wealthiest places on earth. and u know 3 ppl within 5 miles who have them in the Netherlands? no offense but I call BS!

Gnbrett, with all respect but within 5 miles i know 3 road bikes here with a supercharger conversion and not even one with a turbo around here in 25 miles, so it depends.. Allmost everybody knows the pro's and con's of the supercharger vs turbo, but if it works out right for someone, also depends on what you want. Trying to get the most hp torque@psi boost, go for turbo. Want something more exclusive, a supercharger might be your toy.
Allthough the supercharger power output is almost lineair, so torque numbers won't be that high overal, i think you're reaching the limit on stock internals @ 300hp. It all depends on how you ride it and what you're looking for. Better be safe. Good luck!

Gnbrett, don't take it to serious ! It 's luck or accidentally ,whatever you call it. I got one on my Bking, a friend on his Triumh Rocket and my brother on his Triumph Thunderbird. And that makes three, all within 5 miles. As far as i know there's also one guy with a gen1 Busa with a Rotrex here in the Netherlands. And that's it. But you also won't find more turbo conversions over here on the public road. It's much more common in the USA (and UK i guess) to put a turbo or supercharger on your bike. You're lucky.

And i agree , if you're looking for 300hp, you'll need some kind off charge cooling.

their definitely kool but again never seen one anywhere on anyones bike on the street or the track and I live in one of the most densely populated areas in the country with over 25 million ppl in the immediate area and 4 race tracks and one of the wealthiest places on earth. and u know 3 ppl within 5 miles who have them in the Netherlands? no offense but I call BS!

Maybe you live in the wrong country!
:bounce::bounce:

Back