Trying to quit smoking!

I proud of you dude, it is a very tough habit to quit. Here's to 44 mores years smoke free :thumbsup:

One year in just a few hours!

I never though i could do it, but i have succeeded with unbelievable success!

Thanks for the support, that was greatly needed, for this has not been easy at all!

Congrats John, I quit again a couple of months ago. I still want one everyday, but I smoked cigars. I hope this goes away eventually.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Only you can decide if and when you will do anything. I smoked cigs on and off for years. At work it was light up time. I finally said to hell with these things.

it is all in your head, a habit. If "you" want to quit, it will happen.

Your body will thank you.You will be able to taste and smell stuff again.Personally I never saw the attraction of it.I tried it and never liked it but I dont have an addictive personality I guess.Good luck and stick to it.

Good luck Brother, it's been 15 months for me , a two pack a day smoker. Went to a state sponsored six week program, in which we would gather every Thursday for an hour, it's easier in a group because you kind of feel a competition, and also a guilty feeling if you fail. They test your carbon monoxide level, that in itself will make you want to stop. They gave me free patches, used them for three days, and threw them out. Struggled for a month or so, the rest is behind. the main reason other than my health, lost my mother to cancer because of smoking on Christmas eve of 08' and my boy was starting high school and did not want him to start. to sum it up' SMOKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As some have stated, it is always an urge,but it has diminished, for me!

The weight gain suks, but ill work on that!

Thanks again for everyone's support!

And to think, this all started with a 3 day bet, with Jen!

Great Job. It is hard to do but keep at it. It has made a huge difference in my health.
Just keep at it and if you slip up and have one it is not the end of the world. Keep at it and do not use a slip of as a reason to smoke a whole pack, then another.. then another.

I used cheap cigars(blunts) as a subsitue for awhile. Finally just stopped that altogether. I still have a cigar(a good one) every once in awhile.

Good Luck!

Back