Trying to quit smoking!

Have not touched one in 2 years. Went to the dr 2 years ago for a little cough, she did a few tests and my lung volume was 1/3 of what it should have been. Of course her being my Dr since the age of 18, she told me I might have the big E, and sent me for some more tests at a lungh Dr. Well come to find it I do not have it, and ony had a touch of a infection. But I walked out of her office that day open the door to my truck walked back in and handed her a brand new pack of smokes i had just bought and it is the last time i have ever smoked. I asked her a few weks ago when i was in there if she remembes that, she smiled and walked off. I thought it was rude of her but who am I to say she is a busy Dr. Well she came back a few min later and handed me the same pack I gave her, only she wanted me to throw them away.

I recently quit smoking about 6 months ago cold turkey. I smoked two packs everyday for the past 20 years.
But i took up smoking marijuana instead. I now smoke about 2 ounces every month.
No i dont get high because of my high tolerance, just small buzzes :-)

All it took for me to quit cold turkey was for my then 4 year old daughter busting my chops for lighting up a Cigar at a Christmas party. That was 10 years ago. Now I cant stand the smell of them.

Yeah, I heard eat gums and candies every time you feel like smoking. But if you're really serious in quitting, you will just quit.

Yeah, I heard eat gums and candies every time you feel like smoking. But if you're really serious in quitting, you will just quit.

Do not replace an addiction with another. That just justifies the smoking will make it harder...

Do not replace an addiction with another. That just justifies the smoking will make it harder...
I agree, if you have ever been to those "Meetings" you see and hear so much of the same attitudes that just perpetuate same behaviors!
I quit many times over the years until I just realized that I did not want to do it anymore and quit for good!

Back