TRE? Anyone Using It?

terrass604

Registered
Looking into putting on an Ivan TRE to help the low gear / speed jerking on a 2003 Busa. Liked the idea of the box being passive and needing no power, but now I am reading that it might mess up the idle. Anybody using a TRE and if so what has it done to mess up the idle or anything else?

<!--EDIT|terrass604
Reason for Edit: "Tracking"|1077572052 -->

Don't install a TRE for low end. You can tune some of that out. The TRE is primarily to eliminate the speed restriction. Some of the smoothness comes in lower end, but not much. Don't even worry about the TRE for top end until you have done a true 186mph which is about 200mph on your speedo. You hit that then worry about the TRE.

if and I said IF you need one the switchable is what you would get.
and to tell if you need one ask yourself this question?
rock.gif

have I hit the rev limiter in 6th more than 5 times

I used to run an Ivans on my 2003 it cleaned up the jerkiness in the bottom end and seemed to help the bottom end takeoff and maybe a little stronger mid range, I did experience some idle issues it seemed too low sometimes but after raising it it did ok, I have a hahn turbo kit on it now so I ditched the tre. I tell you what, if you want it its yours, it has about 6mos use on it, and it works. just send me an e-mail through the board and where you want it sent and its yours. later, busacharged.

Hey busacharged,

I appreciate the offer but I have one on the way. That would have been nice. I am not interested in top end speed de-restriction, only the low speed on / off throttle jerking in traffic. Trying to hold 35mph with a cop behind me, I look like I just started riding as the throttle is back and forth on to off with a jerk. It gets a little better after the bike warms up fully, but it is still there. I saw where the TRE gets rid of most of that, so I ordered one, but then read somewhere that the idle gets messed up somehow. Thanks again for the offer and information. I will give it a try and may have to go to the ATRE, but I like the idea of the passive (no wiring) TRE.

It will eliminate the bottom end jerkiness, and youll like the extra take off, just watch the neck snap! It really wakes it up. but not like turbo hehehehe! later bcharged.

If your bikes really jerky down low in the r's check your throttle cable slack.

Thanks for the advice. I checked and adjusted the throttle cable and the jerkiness is still there. I have ordered a PCIIIr and wondered (because the IIIr can do timing adjustments) if I need to try the TRE at all. The PCIIIr should be in early next week. Anyone using a PCIIIr and tried to change the timing settings? Seems the available maps do not have any that include timing changes.

Thanks for the advice. I checked and adjusted the throttle cable and the jerkiness is still there. I have ordered a PCIIIr and wondered (because the IIIr can do timing adjustments) if I need to try the TRE at all. The PCIIIr should be in early next week. Anyone using a PCIIIr and tried to change the timing settings? Seems the available maps do not have any that include timing changes.
again if you go over 186 get the switchable TRE.
as far as timing custom maps add and subtrct timing. if you need one done call me I will map you a really drivable custom map and I don't charge much at all.
wink.gif

I will definitely keep you in mind for that. I am really only looking to clean up the lower rpm, on/off transition stuff. I will never see 186 mph as I think AARP has a limit of 150 mph or they will cancel my bingo membership.

<!--EDIT|terrass604
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077816160 -->

The point that Johnny is making along with me.  I have said this until i have started to turn blue.  Do not just buy a TRE or ATRE for low RPM stumble.  the TRE was designed to eliminate the speed restriction.  Use a map, play around wit your PC setting, play with your trottle stop setttings etc.

We have all been there at one time or another, trying these things out.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077816575 -->

Just to update everyone...

I installed the TRE and if anything, it was worse. I called the dealer and he re-mapped the bike ECU to stock and it is now smooth as silk. I have a PCIIIr coming, so I will either play with that (once break in is complete) or get in touch with Johnny to map the Muzzy setup. Not sure if I will need the TRE with the PCIIIr or not - probably not as the 186 mph limit is not a problem for me.

I know this is old news but thought I'd add my bit. I installed an Ivans TRE this weekend and have one day on it so far. I didn't want to get into any remapping yet, liked the idea of it being 'passive', and thought I would try it. It helped to smooth out the low rpm, low gear stumble and also made the bike a little more responsive in some conditions. The idle rpm seems to be unaffected and fuel mileage is unaffected. Haven't yet had a chance to check that the speed limit is removed!

biggrin.gif
Big Thanks to 'busacharged' for letting me have his TRE for free
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I used to run an Ivans on my 2003 it cleaned up the jerkiness in the bottom end and seemed to help the bottom end takeoff and maybe a little stronger mid range, I did experience some idle issues it seemed too low sometimes but after raising it it did ok, I have a hahn turbo kit on it now so I ditched the tre. I tell you what, if you want it its yours, it has about 6mos use on it, and it works. just send me an e-mail through the board and where you want it sent and its yours. later, busacharged.
Why did you ditch the TRE now that you can exceed the top end easily with the Turbo?? You still have the same limits set on the RPM's.

I've installed a TRE (danosperformance) a couple of months ago on my K8 and it completely transformed the bike. The front wheel lifts easier through the gears and the bike feels sharper. The TRE performance increase could be felt instantly whereas the PC5 made less difference (or a difference that I could not detect). For a performance kick, on a budget, I recommend installing 4 into 1's (in my case R66 Yoshis) and a TRE but be prepared to have an unfamiliar bike once the mod is done.

Well i have had my valves all done and the 2002 busa a nightmare in traffic, same symptoms low down, embarrassing jerkiness making me look like i am on my 1st lesson! fitted a Ivans TRE yesterday and what a difference it has made, paid £34 in Demon Tweeks, best money i have spent, absolutely no jerking at all now and transformed my ride big time ;-))) Deffo not a placebo neither, 5 minutes and done. Just won a Gipro ATRE on E bay for £50 too lol! anyone want the Ivans? £30.

Back